Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94L sedan and I want to purchase the OEM Fogs. The OEM light units for the 94-95 Legends are fairly small.

How is the actual light output?
Do the OEM fogs help at night and in fog/bad weather or are they mainly for show.

I would probably use PIAA Xtreme White Plus (H3's) blubs to match my headlights.

I would like to know this before I spend $350+. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I personally never found them that helpful. They use a 55w H3 bulb like many other foglights. My lenses were totally road-rashed, so that also affected the output. Different bulbs would probably be helpful as long as the wattage is 55. If you use too high a wattage you will melt your wiring. I think you could do just as well with a set of aftermarket foglights and they would be much cheaper. The OEM fogs are of good quality. The bracket has spring loaded screws which you can use after they are installed to fine tune the aiming. they are built to last. Mine were in the car for 175K miles. They were pretty beat up. I replaced them with a set of Pilot $50 dollar basic foglights which won't last nearly as long but the styling was a little more modern.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just got a 94 ls coupe shearwood green.....love the color....green during the day, black at night. Also just had the windows tinted 35 sides 50 rear. Planning on getting foglights PIAA Dual 960's Amber fog 90 Watt clear driving 115W. They look like they will fit in the OEM bumper knock outs with a minium amount of modification. After reading your post I am concerned about the Wattages.....do you think its going to be a problem?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the info......I'll order them today. As soon as I get them I'll schedule an installation and try to take some pix of the whaitlukslike when it done.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
CWA-94GS said:
I personally never found them that helpful. They use a 55w H3 bulb like many other foglights. My lenses were totally road-rashed, so that also affected the output.

IMHO there's no better look than OEM fogs. Jus giv'em a 'lil TLC and they'll TCB.

One...

Fut :2cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where to buy?

Does anybody know where one can still get the OEM foglights? for 95LS coupe... thanks

·
2,873 Posts
Just ordered mine and will be picking them up soon. I paid ~$320.

I am considering getting an H3 Hid kit to be mounted inside the fog lights. You guys think its do-able?

·
Registered
13 Posts
where did you order your's? my acura dealers says they can't get them anymore...

G

·
Do the foglights unplug easily? I ask this because I would want to be able to take them out sometimes so that I could get a ram air effect for my CAI.

Is the lense made out of glass or plastic?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
SpeedDemon,

No, they don't come out very easily, but you can take them out.

The lens is made out of glass.

Jon,

I was searching the web about H3 HIDs and found one thing that may be of interest. It seems that the H3 HID capsule is longer than the standard H3 bulb, so fitment MAY be an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OEM Fog Lights Needed

I've been looking to purchase a set of the Fog Lights for my 94 GS Sedan. The only place I've found them is from Acura/Honda for $350. Where can I get them for less ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts