Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done these engine swaps? I sold the 95 Legend LS Coupe and now have a 93 Civic EX Coupe. I kind of want more power, so at first I was thinking of a JRSC, but for $3000, I think a B16A or B16C swap is better. (Note, I might have the engine numbers a little wrong as I am not too familiar with the 4 cylinder engines). I believe the 1.6 VTEC is cheaper, but I rather have the 1.8 GS-R engine if it is just as easy a swap as the 1.6 VTEC. I'm not really planning on souping it up aside from some bolt on parts maybe. Also, will these engines mate to the stock 94 EX Civic automatic trans? I don't really want to swap trans either, as I rather not spend that much money. Anyone have any comments? Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
wait, hold on, back up for just a second. Let me see if i got this right...you got rid of a 95 Legend coupe for a Civic? And not just that, a AUTOMATIC civic. My reccomendations, go see a doctor immediately as this can be extremely hazardous to your health. I have no more to say. Oh, but if this is true, go with the B18. If you're up to some work, go with the H22. And don't forget to go see that doctor.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
these engines come with transmissions, so just make sure you request one with automatic tranny. And don't forget to go to the doctor...I'm seriously concerned about your health.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
NOS the EX motor & save yourself alot of money :)

If you go GSR you might have problems getting an Intake to fit (GSR intakes slope downward..different from the B16's & the d16 you have now)

The EX tranny will not work with any B series motor.

You could always be unique & go F20B on the civic :)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
:eek: :eek: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

WHAT!! LEGEND FOR CIVIC?????

I think I want my 88 Ford Taurus back...... something is not right here....:D

Good luck on whatever you accomplish.... I have no idea about engine swaps... just make it a sleeper if you can.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ..

ChrisK, please tell me this is a joke... There can be no one stupid enough to trade a Legend for a Civic EX automatic, not even someone beaten to near death with an idiot stick, and I've met quite a few of those people...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
i still can't believe this. don't you know April 1st was like two months ago?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
did you see the doctor yet? hurry, you have some serious symptoms of civicitis, caused by eating too much rice and exposure to dangerous rays of light by this thing next to the sun called altezza.

·
Registered
926 Posts
95 LEGEND LS COUPE FOR A 93 CIVIC EX COUPE
FOR MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!

HMMM Which one would you guys pick:confused:

I hope you are joking. Well to each his own but come on you can't be serious.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I don't think Chris is joking, he did want to sell his 95 coupe for a long time. But I thought it was to be replaced by a GS400.

·
Registered
193 Posts
OKAY, the guy just asked about doing engines swaps, not to be flamed about trading his Legend. I know its a Legend forum but we got to understand, everyone is their own person. Hell, if someone wanted to paint pictures of dog poop on their hood, let them, its not me. But, I would go with the H22. 200hp in a civic aint to bad, but you might run into some problems. I rode in a H22 CRX, amazing going in a straight line, but turning at fast speeds, the front was so **** heavy and the rear was so light, we would like drift every turn.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Doesn't ChrisK have two Legends? Maybe he sold one for a Civic, cuz if he doesn't.... SOMEONE SMACK HIM.. FLY TO HAWAII AND DO IT!
FLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

·
Registered
671 Posts
yes, he actually has (err...*had*) 2 legends - his '93 6-speed, and a '95 automatic for his wife. he has now sold the '95, and it bought a civic to replace it (again, this is for his wife). she probably complained about not as much power, so now he looking at economical ways to up the power in the civic. *he still has his 6-speed*.

wally

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LegendGS said:
Sounds like a bit of a chess game to me... ;) It'll be check-mate when Chris starts posting pics of his NSX. :D
At least someone remembers my long term plans :) While the NSX will not happen right away, (I spent too much of my free cash on other things this year) selling the extra 95 Coupe was my first step toward the NSX. I got the Civic for $4000 with about 85K miles on it in great condition aside from some dents on the fender and some dings on the doors and some scratches. However, a Civic cost less to insure, cost less in gas, cost less to maintain, and cost less than what I sold the Legend for :) All this hopefully in the long run will allow me so start saving the cash I need for the car I really want.

Besides, I still have the 6-Speed. Hahahahaha. But seriously, that is the plan. Owning two Legend Coupes was fun, but not practical. If one was a GS Sedan I might have held out longer though. The GS400 and NSX will eventually replace the Civic someday, and it might even replace the 6-Speed too depending on how the cash flow is in the next coming years. Truthfull, if I didn't have two Legends, I would have had my NSX already. I myself I'm shocked at how much money I put into the two cars in the last 5 years. 5 years ago I didn't think I could ever get an NSX, so I poured the money into the Legend in modifications and maitenance and such. If I only knew :) I bet you guys would be suprised if you calculated how much money in modifications you actaully spend on your cars. I'm not saying I regret any of it, just that it pushed back some of my other goals a little.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Chris, you said you got the Civic to save money because you were putting too much money into modifications and maintenance on the second Legend but now you are asking a question on the forum about doing an engine swap on your Civic. Why?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
easy guys....

Chris has VERY good intentions....and purchasing the NSX is one of them. Chris has been on the boards fro as long as I can remember....and I appreciate alot of insight that he has shared...along with trials and tribulations...when he gets his NSX, I will be looking to him for advice as well (when I get mine). Of course, I have two Legends as well, and yes they can be costly, but I will never rid of Jasmyn. Now, the sedan, that is another story...very nice car, but if I had to choose, then I'd have me two coupes then...my luxo-coupe and my real sports car. Best of all, he still has his 6-speed. Now, if it was the 6 speed, then I'd be worrying. Do your thing, Kam!

Chris Realizes What He Wants To Really Do:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts