Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this accomplished? I have a Haynes Acura Legend technical book, but they use a four door and it refers to a panel below the signal, missing on my car.

Any help you could give me would be appriciated.

G

·
Search for my post on the same topic. I have a 94 coupe as well, and finally figured out how to do it.

Nevermind, I'll just tell you how to do it ;).

Pop out the little foglight things.
Stick a screwdriver up there and just unscrew it then stick your hand up behind it and pop it out. That easy. May take a while to find the screw since you have to do it blindly, but just look at the one that you got and it's in the same place on the OEM one so that should give you a pretty good idea. Installation is in the reverse. Once you do one side you'll be able to do the other in like 1 min.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured as much...

But I dunno how to get the foglight covers off. I can't find any kind of screw. Do I just use a lil force and pop them off?

Thanks for the help...

J520

·
Registered
851 Posts
No need to remove the foglight cover, you just need a long philips screwdriver, and find the hole under the bumper, stick the screwdriver there, find the screw, and you can unscrew it, and you can remove the bumper light after that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After I unscrew it, how do I pop out the lights? They are indented into the bumper!

UGH! Whoever would have known this would be so frustrating???

I found the screw and unscrewed it, and the lights seem to be just sitting in place now, but I don't know how to get them out!

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
jason520 said:
After I unscrew it, how do I pop out the lights? They are indented into the bumper!

UGH! Whoever would have known this would be so frustrating???

I found the screw and unscrewed it, and the lights seem to be just sitting in place now, but I don't know how to get them out!
press the center of the housing from the rear..it will move forward, then you just pull to YOUR right and out

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well they are installed, the job is done. I just had to get some balls and rip off the fog light cover. I don't care what anyone says, the job is impossible without doing so, at least on my car.

Peace,
J520

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
jason520 said:
Well they are installed, the job is done. I just had to get some balls and rip off the fog light cover. I don't care what anyone says, the job is impossible without doing so, at least on my car.

Peace,
J520
Jason, on the 91-93 Legends (I'm speaker for Coupes, so Sedans may be different) the foglight ocver needs to be removed. To remove the foglight cover, you remove teh phillips screw located under the foglight cover. However, for the 94-95 Coupes, there is an access hole right near the top corner of the foglight cover that leads straight to the phillips screw holding in the bumper light. So it really depends on what year Legend you have. I remove my bumper light using this access hole all the time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChrisK said:

Jason, on the 91-93 Legends (I'm speaker for Coupes, so Sedans may be different) the foglight ocver needs to be removed. To remove the foglight cover, you remove teh phillips screw located under the foglight cover. However, for the 94-95 Coupes, there is an access hole right near the top corner of the foglight cover that leads straight to the phillips screw holding in the bumper light. So it really depends on what year Legend you have. I remove my bumper light using this access hole all the time.
I agree you could probably unscrew it using the hole, but there is no way to pop the light out afterwards! The problem now is my foglight covers are not staying on. They are a ***** to get in!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
jason520 said:

I agree you could probably unscrew it using the hole, but there is no way to pop the light out afterwards! The problem now is my foglight covers are not staying on. They are a ***** to get in!
Hmm, yours must just be a little tighter then mine or some of the rest of ours. My bumper light seems to pop out with little problems, Even the aftermarker ones from APC pops out Okay, but only hafter I shaved down the slide tabs a bit, as it was very tight when I first got them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts