Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im thinking about buying my uncles car. 2 owner car.

94 L 6sp. 89k, champagne/tan.

Whats a car like this go for? Its located in MD.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
MkIIMike said:
Hey guys, Im thinking about buying my uncles car. 2 owner car.

94 L 6sp. 89k, champagne/tan.

Whats a car like this go for? Its located in MD.

Thanks a lot!
"worth?"

It could be anywhere from.... 9k to 15k.

Depends if your uncle's being a pal.
Remember , it needs the 90 k service done, timing belt, water pump. That alone will set you back $1000. And say he's driven it hard? The clutch may be on its way out. That's another $1000.

Things to keep in mind, that's all.

-J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: 94 L 6speed value?

Well, what do you think above average $$$ is? He didnt do the service either. Why is a clutch so expensive?

Thanks man!

jose3030 said:

"worth?"

It could be anywhere from.... 9k to 15k.

Depends if your uncle's being a pal.
Remember , it needs the 90 k service done, timing belt, water pump. That alone will set you back $1000. And say he's driven it hard? The clutch may be on its way out. That's another $1000.

Things to keep in mind, that's all.

-J

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 94 L 6speed value?

MkIIMike said:
Well, what do you think above average $$$ is? He didnt do the service either. Why is a clutch so expensive?

Thanks man!

I'd say for that car, taking the body and interior being mint (for granted), it'd be 12-13k.

I personally bought a 93 LS coupe 6speed for 10k.. and it had 55k miles, so the big 90 k service isnt' something I have to worry about for a good while, and ... the clutch has had less miles on it, so it's "newer" although, it only depends on who was driving it.

A good offer would be 11.5 k for that one. Just taking into consideration the current economic recession, along with the possible maintenance things that you may need to do in the near future.

-Jose

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 94 L 6speed value?

MkIIMike said:

Thanks man!

Oops.
The clutch is that expensive because the actual CLUTCH costs like $400-600 dollars.

Plus the work to actually put it in, ranges from 400-600 bucks.

So it can be like 800-1100 dollars just to put it in.

The good thing is, that it tends to be really dependable. At that point, however, I'd put in an aftermarket Centerforce of Clutchmasters clutch, for improved "grab"...

But then again, you may have to change it in another 50k. It's hard to tell. Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts