Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, seems like the search for my legend has continued. i found a 94 legnd ls coupe black on tan, but its an auto. it does however have 68k on it. is ~10g good for it ? or should i stick with the one for ~4g with a 153k and is a 6 speed ?

G

·
63K is very good miles if the car has bee taken car of.... Will probably last longer than the 6-speed (mabey) Depending on condition...WOW 10K is good I paid 20K for my 95L coupe from an Acura dealer w/ 53K on it...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thai, yea its from a "local" dealer, not an acura one so im buying it as is then. but idk the prices are a huge diffrence but so is the mileage... i dont know which way to head. i really want a 6 speed but the mileage is so high

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just asking, which one do you want more? Is 6-speed really matter to you? if your answer is yes, don't ever ever touch an auto, you will sooner or later hate it. But, if it doesn't matter that much, get the one that is in better condition and cheaper.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alexander:

6 speed 153k= $4000
automatic 68k = ~10

just very confused i ned something to last me a long while

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will let you know after i pass on it .. if i do. it is black but in need of a paint job and a new clutch .. nuthing to bad

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
For the $6000 you save by getting the 6-Speed (A car you really want), if you were really worried about longevity, you could take that $6K and drop a new engine and clutch in, as well as do any other repairs that might be needed and still come out ahead. $10K is a good price of the 94 LS, but $4000 is a good deal on the 6-Speed as well.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eed something that will last me for a good 5 years, but i will probably only be putting aroun 8k on a year if that

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ah, if that's the case, another consideration for you. If you get the 6-speed, do you have any other car for a while for you to do your everyday life? because the 6-speed definitely will spend some time at the bodyshop and machine shop, or maybe engine overhaul, or engine transplant, modifications, etc.

But, if you need reliable transportation right out of the box, I think you better of with the auto. I know it is 6000 dollar more, but you get (supposedly) a car in much better condition than the 6-speed. But once again, are you desperately looking and want the 6-speed. If that's what you want, no matter what, get the 6-speed, no question.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep thats definantly true about the 6 peed. but my mom is taking over my sebring now (thank god, what a piece of sh*t) so this will be my one and only

1 - 11 of 11 Posts