Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 well maintained legend LS sedan, automatic. Just recently after coming to a complete stop the car stalls when I step on the gas to go. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, it happens when the engine is cold or hot. I have read alot about the main relay could this be the problem? It is very random and has only happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does the car idle bad before dying? Did you have your fuel pump replaced. I had my fuel pump replaced and the shop put the wrong one in. When I had about a 1/4 tank of gas left everytime I would slow down and stop the car would die. My cure was to buy a used OEM fuel pump. Since the angle of the sock piece was a 90 degree angle and the OEM is about 45 degree angle.

I'm not saying that is your problem but it was mine and that did the trick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know the fuel pump is orginal. The idle seemed fine, the car was running fine at highway speeds prior, after taking a break for lunch, is when it first stalled pulling away from a stop sign. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.