Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell was this guy thinking? We both at a light that is the on ramp to a highway. These two lanes are going to merge to one before it enters the highway. Of course Mr. Snooty in his Lexus minature wannabe Sport Utility wants to be in front of me before the lane merges. Light turns green , I actually let the sorry S.O.B. about 1-2 cars in front of me and he's is flooring it hard. Then I wanted to make it interesting dropped it to D3 and pedal to metal. AWWWW I love how my Cold air intake sounded as I passed him like NADA! You could hear this guys Lexus engine literally screaming "AWWW quit it your hurting me!" . While on the highway I decided to make a point that he spent way to much $$ on this Lexus SUV and should have spent his money on something better. So since he was trying to catch up with me the whole time I let him. I let him stick to my bumper as he tail gated me on the highway doing like 80mph. I see his face in mad disgust in my rearview mirror while Im LMAO!. I floor the throttle once more to that beatiful intake sound my Legend makes and C-YA as my car instantly goes 90-100-110-120-130 in a matter of seconds and the Lexus is nothing but a teeny tiny dot in my rearview mirror. Im sure I really made his day.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
that guy is nuts. those things are SLOW. no low end and no top end. s h i t.

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
You would be amazed at how many SUV owners think they are fast. Most of these SUVs are 9 seconds 0-60, which is impressive for a big truck, but people see that have 300+hp and torque and think, I can take that car. They fail to realize they are driving an unsafe block of metal **** on wheels.

I once had a Hundai (sp?) Scoupe with two people in it rev there engine at me on the highway!!!!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
NickD said:
You would be amazed at how many SUV owners think they are fast. Most of these SUVs are 9 seconds 0-60, which is impressive for a big truck, but people see that have 300+hp and torque and think, I can take that car. They fail to realize they are driving an unsafe block of metal **** on wheels.

I once had a Hundai (sp?) Scoupe with two people in it rev there engine at me on the highway!!!!
You mean the Hyundai StupidCoupe? Yea, I seen those before. LOL

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
For some reason I always get people in SUV's that wanna race so some of them I might and some I just dont waste my time. But the only car I wont go against is a BMW X5 because I know that it can haul ass.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
One afternoon I was driving past a Lincoln dealership. Out pulled a new body style Navigator. At the next light he pulled up next to me. I noticed the "just bought" tag. I let him get out a little when the green hit, but I couldn't let him go. I was flying past him in seconds. You gotta be stupid to try and street race an SUV. All most cars need is one sharp turn and that nice suv is doing a rollie pollie!
Later!
Lee

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
The BMW X5 has the 540i 4.4L V8 engine in it. It's no slug posting 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds. Those things can be fast!

The MDX I can't imagine being that fast. It has the 3.5L version of our engine which propells the RL to 60 in 8.8 seconds so I would imagine the MDX is slow.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
A friend of mine has a X5. That thing has ridiculous torque. We'll have 4 guys in it, and it's not even affected by slowdown. He's always revving that thing and driving "spiritedly." He used to have a 93 Legend Coupe. He says that the X5 handles better than the Legend. Then I gave him a ride in my Legend yesterday. :) H&R +Koni +MLS strut bar +17 rims +Pirellis = :p

It would be an interesting race if we lined up. I'm sure he'll take me given enough distance.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
X5's are nuts, this HOT MILF blew by me a few months ago. Yeah, I punched it when she was next to me. She still got ahead with a smile on her face. Me? Shocked, not upset, shocked. 4.4 got powa. The 4.6 will be no joke.

·
Registered
143 Posts
alpinas

this company called alpina makes the engine for the m series X5... they're kind of like AMG for MB, but soooooo much more pimp...

http://www.alpina.de/english/automobiles/index_e.htm

the 8series that they used to modify were plenty nice... but since BMW stopped making 'em, they're out. if you've ever heard of the old bavaria 6 series, they were made by alpina. unfortunately, i have never seen an alpina in the states... perhaps dupont has a few?

-z

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.