Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up my 95 trunk lid coversion this past Friday. The lid had been sitting at my fathers house for 6 or so months, then the body shop had it for about 2 months. It was a friends shop and done as a side job so it took a while to get done since he worked on it when he had time only.

I had to reuse my old 93 spoiler with the brake light in the spoiler because my 95 spoiler still needs to be painted. I should have that installed by this Friday.

I admit it kind of looks a little funny with two LED lights, but that should change by the end of the week. I might end up keeping the 93 spoiler and covering the trunk LED and turning that area into a reverse camera. But who knows. :)

I still need to finish polishing and waxing the rest of my car. I only did the rear bumper area so it matched the shine of the new trunk.

G

·
Very Very nice Chris...Where did you pick up your trunk lid and how much? This is really something I want to do in the future!! I still need to paint all of the lower parts of the car to match up with the later models but that's once I get the paint!! By the way...should I paint my mud flaps too? I love that car...ahhh black...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up the 95 trunk lid from an owner in San Fran that bought it for his 91, but it got damaged in the shipping and he didn't want to bother with the repairs, so it sold it to me for cheap. The damage was not that bad, just some corners where bent and edges were bent as well. It was a fairly easy fix for any body shop. The lid was actually white, but since it was stripped down, both the inside and outside are painted black.

I have to say, with the new chrome LEGEND script and contrasting white/chrome A emblem, it really makes the car look new again. If we ever get those red/clear tailights like the TL-S, I bet it would look awsome on a black car. It would match my color scheme well I think.

G

·
I'd have to agree with your idea of red/clear tail lights...here's a pic of a black TL with these tail lights...I think it would look awsome on your car!!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
ChrisK: Glad to hear that you have finally performed this modification. Call me foolish, but I like the appearance of both LEDs ...hmmmmmmm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.