Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Acura RL and I really dislike the stock tail lights. I am wondering if the 99-04 spec tails would fit on mine. Has anyone ever tried doing this conversion. I just wanted to know if it was a direct bolt up or would i have to do some drilling and cutting. It seems like the 99-04 tails are a bit wider.

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
I have a 1996 Acura RL and I really dislike the stock tail lights. I am wondering if the 99-04 spec tails would fit on mine. Has anyone ever tried doing this conversion. I just wanted to know if it was a direct bolt up or would i have to do some drilling and cutting. It seems like the 99-04 tails are a bit wider.
The '99-'04 tails are taller than the '96-'98 tails. Aside from the fact that the wiring harness is different, the trunk won't sit like it's supposed to when it's closed if you switch taillights. When closed, the bottom edge of the decklid ends up sitting on the rear bumper, which unfortunately would suggest that you would need a '99-'04 rear decklid as well as the '99-'04 rear bumper to make it fit like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also had another question. I've been seeing a couple of RL's with factory stereos running subs and amps. I was wondering if anyone could help me or describe to me how to run wires for my sub. I have dynamat all over my trunk and want to put it to good use. I have the BOSE premium sound and just bought a 10" JL Audio W6 Subwoofer with Wedge Box, 250 watt by 1 channel JL Audio amplifier. How would i wire something like this. I have no clue as to where to start.:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.