Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me how to remove it...i tried to pry it off but it didnt give and i dont want to risk breaking the trim around it off...im experimenting with blue LEDs replacements all around the lightings...thanx for any help...

·
Registered
423 Posts
go to acura & buy the handbook manual on ur car!. That way u hav pics that will show u wot to do.

Latin..................

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
To take out the A/C control head unit...

it´s very simple! If you have an ATM (Automatic Transmission), you must (flat screw driver) pull out the small black cover, then remove the 2 screws (under the ash tray) and finally pull gently the whole wood panel. Be careful: ONLY PULL this panel ! This panel contains 6 clip holder (2x upper, 2x in the center and 2x lower). If this done, you will see 2 screws. Remove these and pull slightly the whole unit out. That´s all. Good luck...

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the info...alot better than getting the car manual...besides, thats what these forums are for right...

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
LEGEND said:
thanx for the info...alot better than getting the car manual...besides, thats what these forums are for right...
!!! YES... EXACTLY AND ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!!

We Legend driver must nevertheless hold together. If this done, then this forum will be exist for a long, long time.

Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Re: A/C control unit?

MikeD said:
To take out the A/C control head unit...

it´s very simple! If you have an ATM (Automatic Transmission), you must (flat screw driver) pull out the small black cover, then remove the 2 screws (under the ash tray) and finally pull gently the whole wood panel. Be careful: ONLY PULL this panel ! This panel contains 6 clip holder (2x upper, 2x in the center and 2x lower). If this done, you will see 2 screws. Remove these and pull slightly the whole unit out. That´s all. Good luck...

Mike / Cologne (Germany)
Is it necessary to remove the radio to get to the two screws that hold in the climate control unit?

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Yup. The radio has to come out to get to the two screws that are in the bottom of the A/C controls. However, DO NOT try to take out the trim b4 you pull those 2 screws 'cause you will destroy the vent assembly. Been there, done that but really not as bad as it sounds. Good luck---

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
what kind led's do u getting and form where ?
i'm interesting to do that too

thanX

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well.....

that is undisclosed for now....as i am experimenting hehe...sorry, but as soon as i get it done...i will start a new thread with the info...thanx for your interest....

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Hmmmm....

If you intend on doing electrical work in and around your climate control unit, I strongly advise that you go buy a HELM manual SAP. I can tell you from having to replace a whole damn dashboard that the electrics in that area are not to be played around with. That is, unless you have an overwhelming desire to drop 4 or 5 Benjamins on a new A/C control unit or instrument cluster.

Why do you want to put LEDs in there anyway?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts