Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak in my AC coming for the engine side of the firewall. I've read a post in here that recommends to check if the expansion valve puke or if the AC connections (on the engine side of the firewall) have bad O-rings.

Where are those things located? How do I find them? Do i need to go under the car? Do I remove parts to get through? Can someone please upload some pictures to show me. I really need to get the A/C going? Thank you much

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I need to remove the Glove Box or the whole Dash to get to the expansion valve? Also, what about checking the AC connections for bad o=rings? is it possible to get a quick from the outside of the car next to the engine?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
The A/C lines connecting to the expansion valve can be seen from the engine side. If you look on the passenger side between the ABS unit and the control unit (black plastic cover with connectors) you will see the A/C lines going into the firewall. In the pic below, the bottom left with shiny holes surrounded by rubber is where the A/C lines attach. That is where there is o-rings that MAY cause a leak.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Did you put a leak-detecting dye in the system? Is that how you know that
the leak is on the engine side of the firewall? There are numerous fitting connections and o-rings that could be leaking not to mention the condensor
or compressor (unlikely). A dye test (or sniffer style test) is really the only way to know for sure. It's getting hotter in the south!!
Good luck....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.