Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed today that when I turn the A/C (or fans) on in my 88 coupe that there is a buzzing/rattling noise. I listened around and determined that this noise in coming from my center console (just behind the parking brake I think). Does anyone know what's under there that would be causing this noise while the fans are blowing? :confused: Also, I tried to take off my whole center console following that guide that was posted here before (legendtuner G1 Center Console & Head Unit Removal) but the black plastic frame that surrounds the coin box and the shifter just refused to come out (the back right corner refused to budge, I could lift the other corners.) Any help would be great.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't have one (not on the base model) but I understand there is a small fan in the center console that sucks air in to monitor air temp for the climate control system. Your small fan may be dieing. There was a previous discussion in this forum a while back regarding same problem. Do a search and try to find it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
yep before i use to get this sound as if there is dirt or some sand flying around hiting the little fan. but that was not the case. it is the fan blade touching the plactic cover. so what i did was open the temperature which is the fan and adjust the fan and the pin that holds the fan and after playing around with it i got it to be quiet. and now it works like a charm and still no noise, i also have my auto climat back too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after finally getting my center cosole off I just jammed a piece of duct tape into the fan that was making the noise. I'm not gonna pay $200 bucks for a new temperature sensor unit just because of a noisy fan. Problem solved.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i did the a similar thing. After attempting to clean the sensor but failing. i disconnected the wire to the temp sensor and my problem was solved. but then i had a new problem and it was my autotemp, it didn't work so what i did was i tried to settle for noise and have my autotmep work again but it didn't because the fan was stuck on the metal part but eventually i got it fixed thanks to esti motivated words :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts