Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My a/c used to work fine as far as i now. ever since i had an overheating problem and my dumb mechanic put relays on my fans the a/c works when ever it wants to. i think it might be becouse i curently only have one fan on that works. does any one think puting both fans the way they belong will fix my a/c problem??

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
Yes you need both fans.

When your AC compressor compresses the freon it builds heat. This heat needs to be removed so the freon gas will liquify, so they invented the condensor which is basically an AC refrigerant radiator. The condensor relys on a fan to pull air through it to be effective. If there is no fan there is no air movement through the condensor so it is not cooled. As freon heats, it builds pressure. If pressure gets too high because of overheating, the high pressure switch will disengage the compressor clutch stopping the circulation of freon, causing no cold air.

Get the fans fixed, it sounds like he switched your AC and fan relays. Buy new relays and replace them yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.