Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
Hey all

My ac is dead again and I want to know how to tell if the compressor is dead cause at the beginning of the summer my mechanic told me my codensor was leaking and was developing rusted holes so I had that replaced now after a few weeks it was fine until now. The problem began a couple of days ago when I drove into the city; the ac worked fine then; but on the way back no cold air it was like I only had the fan on. Can some one give me an idea on what might be the problems and how to troubleshoot them I would like to know and try them before I bring it to my mechanic?

Thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
602 Posts
That is very hard to troubleshoot without a leak detector. But, if they did put dye in it when you had it serviced then take a black light and use it to look for the leak. If it is a faster leak you may be able to see it. May be condensor, evaporator, suction hose, discharge hose, compressor or any of the gaskets. When the system is discharged it is a good idea to replace as many gaskets as possible. gluck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.