Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can read i have a 92 legend L and i have a few questions for you

first......has anyone ever had trouble with their radio controls on the steering wheel? i have the mid level system from what i can tell it is the NON-Bose unit with the grafic EQ.
the problem that i am having is the volume control ....i cant get the controls to change the volume....however the preset station selector in the middle works just fine ever time. I took apart the controls on the wheel and checked the connection and everything looks good i also pulled out the radio to check the controls back there no luck. could the buttons be bad for both volume up and down?
or would the circuit board be bad that is behind the buttons?

2nd does my 92 have a cabin filter for the heating and cooling system? and along those same lines i dont get any heat out of the car until it is totally up to operating temp ...then the heat come on full steam is this normal for this car?

sorry to make this post so long but i am really happy about finally owning an acrua and i wanna do my best to understand it

thanks for all your help
snowdowg

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Someone was selling some Audio Switches... you might want to do a search and try them. They might fix your problem.. and if it doesn't... you can sell them to someone else :)

Well, you can try replacing the Audio Control/Switch on the steering wheel. Legendary91L was selling them (as well as the cruise control ones):

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3374

See if he is still selling them, and if you discover later on they're of no use to you, sell them again! Down the road I might buying some, only because my Up/Down triangles are faded :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
hmm... might actually be the head unit....
Mine did that from time to time, and it was because of the motor inside the head unit being too old or too dirty so sometimes it would stuck... Mine was easily fixed by tapping the volume knob while the system is on, but I don't know if your knob motor is still working or not~

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
snowdowg said:
2nd does my 92 have a cabin filter for the heating and cooling system? and along those same lines i dont get any heat out of the car until it is totally up to operating temp ...then the heat come on full steam is this normal for this car?
At anything below operating temp, of course, it will be cool and not hot enough. But, the one thing I have a problem is that I am surprised at in this high caliber of a vehicle is that if u are running, like the car is moving, air is always hotter than if the car were idling. This only happens in the beginning when u turn on the heater. This is the only car that I've ever driven which does that. U know, most heaters get a little warm even at idle, but this one doesn't. Maybe, it's normal? :confused:

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, there is a filter right beside the blower motor. And, no, the heater doesn't work until the car reaches operating temp. We don't have the heat coils like the European Cars do, oh well:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.