Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, when fogs are installed on a car that has never had fogs will the installer have to disconnect the battery? (No sorry I am not a do-it-yourselfer) Does it make a difference if they are wired to their own switch or just set up to come on with the headlights? The reason I am asking about the battery dissconnecting is because I do not have the code for the radio yet.

Also here are two fogs that I am considering:

http://www.cartoys.com/product.asp?productid=6000&CategoryID=10046&BrandID=0&ProductTypeID=0

http://www.cartoys.com/product.asp?productid=1272&CategoryID=10046&BrandID=0&ProductTypeID=0

Are these any good?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any time you install or play with electricals you should disconnect the battery or else.....Ow ow ow
Or you could short out all your electricals. = no fog lights or stereo
:eek:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Shadow said:
Any time you install or play with electricals you should disconnect the battery or else.....Ow ow ow
Or you could short out all your electricals. = no fog lights or stereo
:eek:
I agree. While it is possible to install anything electrical without removing the battery, any trustworthy shop would probably refuse to install it any other way. If protects your cars electrical system as well as protect the installer. I personally have installed a few things myself on my own car without removing the battery, but I don't suggest it, and I don't believe a good shop would do it either.

Also, I personally would go with the Catz MSX. I have the MSX on my 95 Coupe since 1997 and have had zero problems with them. I also have a different PIAA (1100X) on my 93 sonce 2000, and one light has already burnt out. I feel the MSX contruction is much better than the PIAA.

As far as the MSX goes, make sure you get the righ beam pattern you want. If you didn't know, they come as a fog light (wide and short beam pattern) or as a driving light (longer and narrower beam pattern). They also come in a variety of colors, like hyper white (Catz's HID lookalike, similar to PIAA's Super White), Gold irridium which I have, orange, and some other colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.