Acura-legend.com banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
long story...not so good ending, in a nutshell...put in new 6 speed, two bad cylinders...not a very professional build...but "we can rebuild him...we have the technology"

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ah... I know the story well. My whole project took 2 years and 7 months before the car came home this past July. Lots of frustration, but oh well,... she's home now. :) Good luck with the project. :) Any ET on completion?

·
Registered
802 Posts
going with new heads from acura...already have new short block new 6 speed...will basically be a new 91 as the car has 18k miles on the chassis...get the aerochargers rebuilt and put all together...probably five years :)

·
GIN NSX
484 Posts
I don't know what all the fuss is about??? after all it's only an NSX... Besides, I've seen alot better NSX's than yours...

JUST KIDDING!!!!

I have known Graeme a very long time and his NSX project is a testimonial of the thought process he goes through for his car projects. I just can't keep up with Graeme. :( :( :( I actually have both of these pics as my background for my two PC's.

SIMPLY AMAZING :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mike

·
Registered
802 Posts
WOW Fut, MikeC...been awhile...and MikeC...those pics are my desktops too

Jeff

·
GIN NSX
484 Posts
Whoa! It's MikeC... talk about your blast from tha past! Thanks for blessing us with your observations.

One...

Fut :2cool:
Fut aka Mr. Group Buy... what's up? How have you been? Save a Stromung, MLS strut bar and short shift for me :D :D :D

WOW Fut, MikeC...been awhile...and MikeC...those pics are my desktops too

Jeff
Hi Jeff... How have you been? Are you a member of NSXPrime? What's your screen name? It would be great if me, you, Graeme and any other local NSX owner can hook up. You just missed the ALMS event that was held last weekend. There were about 80+ NSX's at the Acura tent.

Mike

·
Registered
802 Posts
i believe a buddy of mine went Bruce Nomura from Nomura Tuning and Design...he has the task of rebuilding my nsx "basket case"...when it's done we'll definitely have to get together...of course after my turbos get rebuolt so I have a chance to keep up with you guys (doubtful) or I can be the caboose to the train

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
No worries, Jeff. I'm sure that your turbos will kick my SC ass. :lol:

/checks bank account for money for turbo swap. :paranoid:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Once again Graeme shows us how it's done. Thanks for sharing, much respect!

One...

Fut :2cool:

·
GIN NSX
484 Posts
A little go to go with the show. :D

Graeme... Congratualtions :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I know it's been quite a journey for you and with the new tune and incredible results, you can now close the chapter on the engine build of your NSX project. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

In order for me to get that kind of horsepower, I'm going to need to add up the hp from my NSX, BMW, and Toyota :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
The trailer looks sick, can't wait to see the real vid. Drop dead gorgeous cars :bowdown: Love the black rims on yours man. *sigh* One day... til then I'll just keep dreaming :rolleyes:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks, guys.

Mike, yup, it's been a long road, and I am glad that I can put it behind me. There are just a couple of little things left for me to do like upgrade my cooling system and such, but it's otherwise done. I drove down to Vance's today and it was nice to see my gas gauge move far less than it did before this last tune.

Only drawback is that now that the car is so much nicer to drive, I might drive it too much. :giggle:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thanks, guys.

Brian, it's power that I hardly ever use, but "it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have." :mhihi:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts