Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a white 90 5 speed manual, great car, but then, in 93 I saw this

Heard myself say, "I'll take it." Not surprisingly, I didn't make the best deal for that black 6 speed LS coupe. After 80,000 miles, chipped it (Dinan Stage II), RM Racing Intake, Brembo, 17" Toyos, Eibachs, Konis, Kone engineering exhaust ... a perfect balance of sport and luxury.

Got one of these for all the sunny days, a better view and more headroom ...

Of course, I kept the Legend 6 speed LS coupe. At 170,000 absolutely trouble free miles, I went in for an oil chance and came out with one of these ...

Brought it in for the backordered wood rimmed steering wheel and they gave me a free buff job ... burned the entire finish. They gave me the 18" wheels to calm me down ...

Not happy. Didn't like the way the 18" wheels effected the handling (heavier feeling and a bit sluggish on turn-in). Couldn't look at the car because of the swirl marks. Told them to take it back. They did, swapped that ruined black one for this ...

The black one was a slug. Never liked it. Cried in my beer for the 6 speed coupe. The silver one is much quicker, I prefer the handling with the 17" wheels ... but ... it's an automatic.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
k

So you thought you made a mistake getting rid of the legend....your probably right.

Until mugen and spoon are done with the RL.. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
a black one drove pass me earlier today and i literally drooled.

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
Phil! I was hoping you hadn't forgotten about us. Remember the good ole days when I used to email you about your coupe saying, "it's got my name on it..." This was back when you had the old TSW Trophys on it. I really did lust after your coupe! I hope it found a new owner who takes equally good care of it. Sounds like you've had quite the time getting situated into an RL. The black one look(ed) like a beauty. Can't go wrong with the charcoal, either. Do you ever see the Legend anymore? Where did it end up?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swift said:
So you thought you made a mistake getting rid of the legend....your probably right.

Until mugen and spoon are done with the RL.. :D
It'll never be a 6 speed manual. My best GTech Pro 0-60 run in the Legend was 6.0 seconds. And although the RL's looks are growing on me ... The Legend was sleek.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4cruizn said:
Phil! I was hoping you hadn't forgotten about us. Remember the good ole days when I used to email you about your coupe saying, "it's got my name on it..." This was back when you had the old TSW Trophys on it. I really did lust after your coupe! I hope it found a new owner who takes equally good care of it. Sounds like you've had quite the time getting situated into an RL. The black one look(ed) like a beauty. Can't go wrong with the charcoal, either. Do you ever see the Legend anymore? Where did it end up?
Hey that's a gorgeous 94 LS coupe!! 6 speed? [edit: oops, I can read ... really.] Hold on to that coupe!

The story of the black beauty will have to wait for another day.

·
Registered
135 Posts
there will never be another Legend!!! Even though they call the RL the Legend in Japan and Europe. The G1 and G2 Legends are timeless cars. The only car that comes close is the CL Type S. Other than that no other car has had the balance of sport and Luxury. I sold Acura's for a few years and got to drive them in all conditions. Had 2 1990 Legend 5 speed Coupes and still there is no car out there that compares. G1 5 speed coupes were the sportiest but the G2 LS coupe with a 6 speed is unbeatable in all aspects. Does eveything well. The Newer cars are all so heavy until they can't really compare. Handling isn't as good. Nice cars yes but the Legend will always be the best all around Honda/Acura ever made.

·
Legend in the Street
317 Posts
Even though its an automatic, cant you still shift the gears, its a sequential trany theres just no clutch.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
LegendGT1 said:
Even though its an automatic, cant you still shift the gears, its a sequential trany theres just no clutch.
It still has a torque convertor though. It is not a true Sequential Manual Gear Box with a clutch like Ferraro/BMW and such. You can change gears via the paddle shifters, but it is still an automatic tranny.

Phil, I hear you on the 6-Speed Legend. I sold my 93 6-Speed to my sister a few years ago. Fortunately I still get to see it :D I use a Lexus SC400 for a daily driver right now and in a way I still really miss my Legend. If I could swap cars right now I would, but my wifes needs to use the car and she can't drive a manual. I need to get rid of my other fun car before my wife lets me get a car specifically for myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts