Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just have one question here, for the last year, i have had this horrible smell coming from my exhaust, along with blue/grey smoke, and the longer it sits at an idle, (not moving) the mre it blows out when you rev it up, the only thing I have noticed is a loss in coolant every once in a while, mabye once a month now, and there is no water in the oil, HELP!! Has anyone else had this prob? thanks
Shawn St.Thomas
white 91 Legend Coupe, 5 speed

Attachments

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
freakaftr8 said:
Hi, just have one question here, for the last year, i have had this horrible smell coming from my exhaust, along with blue/grey smoke, and the longer it sits at an idle, (not moving) the mre it blows out when you rev it up, the only thing I have noticed is a loss in coolant every once in a while, mabye once a month now, and there is no water in the oil, HELP!! Has anyone else had this prob? thanks
Shawn St.Thomas
white 91 Legend Coupe, 5 speed
Nice coupe Shawn.
Basically, it sounds like time for an engine rebuild. How many miles?
If I recall, its the oil getting past the rings or time for a valve job....so might as well do the rebuild, if you can do it yourself.

(now, I went to the dealer and asked the svc mgr if I needed to do anything, an he asked me if I lost any power, or was it running bad, or anything else along those lines. I responded, no, and he said, hell, DON'T worry about it. It is built to last.)

Banel is working on a GB for engine rebuild kit for $800

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
unrelated

what kind of rims are those?

·
Registered
41 Posts
freakaftr8 said:
I've had a similar problem as well.....how many miles do you have on your nice coupe :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, whats up!
Thanx for all the great replies!
Well, first of all, the performance is great still! I have recently checked the compression and all 6 cylynders read around 10 psi difference, so thats good. My car has about 180k on the engine now, mabye more considering I have no odometer, (quit working about a year ago.) :( The Rims are 18" ADR's and I forget the model.. sorry. The ride height's consisting of 2" drop w/ Eibach Pro's and shocks are Koni adjustables, I did something dumb, I didn't like how high it sat so I heated the rear springs (professionially) and heated one front spring, to level the car out. and loosened the ride on the Koni's for better stability. I will get more pics up soon, currently working on the rest of my body kit. Latez :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts