Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine was telling me not to get a body kit that was made out of fiber glass. he said that the fiber glass will eventually crack where the bolts are screwed on the kit. he said to go with a kit that is made from polyurathane (pardon my spelling). i already ordered the andy autosport body kit a couple of weeks ago and i think it is made out of fiber glass. i was wondering if any of you guys have had any problems with the body kits.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i dont know much about body kits but wouldnt it be possible to re-inforce the screw holes with some kinda metal?

im sure fiberglass WILL crack, probably in extreme climates, but for the most part you probably wont have a problem. youd probably be more worried about the fiberglass cracking from hitting curbs and other things, not from natural aspects.

you might wanna give andys a call and ask what they think about that, im sure they will probably say the same thing i did.

hope this helps... after all it IS info from a n00b.

-brandon

·
Registered
376 Posts
i havent seen an andy's legend kit before but from the other andys kits for other cars, i'm not too impressed by the quality and thickness. but fiberglass isnt al that bad as long as u dont drive stupid and hit stuff (like me).
And as far as poly kits. as of now. they are NA. so we must stick to fiber glass.

zol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies....i hope i won't have any problems with it cracking on me. as for my driving, i'll try not to hit any bumps or pot holes. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts