Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run 12's or lower? I know there is a supercharged Legend what does he run? By this time next year I should run 11's on 18's with TV's a phat system and a 1st place lloking car. I really dont need to go faster than 11's and it will only cost $10,000 to runs 11's AND have a 1st prize in looks...Badass' shaved everything and bondo'd body kit is the direction I am goin for looks, but I will even go more...Compliment to badass!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I definitely want to see this car run 11's with a full show interior... What are you doing, FI, built motor? NAAAWWWWSSSS?? (j/k) Who's doing your engine work? What are you doing? Are you going to go with a different head/valvetrain?

Here's a crazy plan of mine:

junk C32A1, buy 5-cyl inline from Acura, build it up, make it mean, etc... have a tubo manifold built, run a T-60 series compressor and a Haltech system, then build everything else around that motor... rip the 6-speed out, make car RWD (cutting, welding, etc...), then run axels, a good rearend, etc...

I guess anything's possible. ha!

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bore & Stroke it...maybe 3.5L ...complete rebuild plus a 9-12 lb supercharger, NOS on the side. 11's easily.

·
Registered
109 Posts
LegendTypeRKon said:
Does anyone run 12's or lower? I know there is a supercharged Legend what does he run? By this time next year I should run 11's on 18's with TV's a phat system and a 1st place lloking car. I really dont need to go faster than 11's and it will only cost $10,000 to runs 11's AND have a 1st prize in looks...Badass' shaved everything and bondo'd body kit is the direction I am goin for looks, but I will even go more...Compliment to badass!
umm, yeah...its a little more involved then just saying "im gonna run 11's with $10k worth of work" dont work like that, ask anyone who's done this before and they'll tell you there are always hidden costs and unexpected things you run into when building a car, and for you to be running 11's with a full body and all that extra weight you'll need ungodly HP, and as for your "on 18's" statement hahahahahahahaha, with the power you're gonna need and having the handicap of a FWD car (and really even if you go RWD you'll have problems) you're gonna need slicks otherwise you're gonna be spinning the tires down the whole ***** track.....let us all in on how you expect to do this, what motor, charger, turbo, NOS setup and how you expect to hook it to run your 11's....inquiring minds would like to know

·
Registered
109 Posts
LegendTypeRKon said:
Bore & Stroke it...maybe 2.5L or 4.0L...complete rebuild plus a 9-12 lb supercharger, NOS on the side. 11's easily.
might wanna consider more boost or lots of NOS cuz 9-12 lbs wont get you into the 11's :)

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
LegendTypeRKon said:
i believe a type2 motor was tranplanted into a CRX & was converted to RWD... & i think that car was in 11's.

Good luck on your 11 sec full body legend your 11 sec leg
might be more like the "10" second supra on the Fast n the Furious

;)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
are you sure you know what you're talking about? It's hard getting into the 11's. I drag race and the guy I'm racing for, we're having a hard time getting our car into the 10's. for a N/A Honda, we're trying to capture the title that Jermy Lookfsky has (world's fastest N/A Honda). We're running a CRX with F20 (think S2000) and drivetrain (think converted RWD) and we're running into lots of trouble just trying to get that 10.99 slip. Sure, it'll take 10K to biuild the motor that should take u into the 11's on paper, but then everything looks good on paper. All the hidden cost comes when you're on the track and you start breaking sh!t. So, truely, it's gonna cost you way more then 10K to get urself into that golden 11's. But if u got the greens, good luck and god speed. Show us some slips when u get everything said and done.

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
S 2000 is a K20 motor same as in the new SI, the SI has bad internals and different part, only the same block, kinda like us and the NSX. My Clubs Mustang runs 8.70, he only put $5,000 into the engine...It's all about who you know...If you can gt deals it's all really cheap.

Mustang 5.0
351 Celveland Rebuilt
300 Shot of NOS
Trick Flow intake manifold
One wicked Cam
Slicks and skinny's
No wheels bar, it's more fun
and a 3 Speed Auto Racing Truck Tranny

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
This thread is so rediculous it should be closed before people hurt themselfs laughing.

come back when youve run 11's with your 19.3 hp home depot intake.

~Hybrid

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Dv8 always cracks me up, lol

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
hahahaha, this thread kills me. a full body legend. yeah right, you gonna steal a ferarri engine and then turbo it and run nos. hahaha. DV8 u tha man. Type r, you crack me up. I liked the post a couple days ago that said that someone should by the rm non metal intake becuz that one could be turned into a cold air. They all can, sometimes people need to learn when to shut their mouths. Read Dave c v2.0's signature. You dont want to get whapped upside the head.
peace
tnelson

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol

I said the NON-Meatl intake works Best, doesnt retain the heat

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
S2000 engine code: F20C1

If the K20 in the S2K is the same one in the Integra-S, then shouldn't it also have the same 9K redline? Ever thought about it? I don't wanna hear crap about it's detuned and sh!t, but if it is the same engine, then it essentially can go 9K no problem.

I also know it's a F20 engine cuz that's what's stamped on the block. So, don't sh!t me.

Also, Craig Libermen's old supra (the one in TF & TF) only ran 12's with full body, full audio, everything. That Supra has more power then our Legends for about the same weight. Also, we have the handicap of having a FWD car. It's gonna be hard to pick up traction due to weight transfer. You're gonna need to have a custom suspension set up, possible traction bars (keep the rear end from squatting), get custom gears, have a clutch that can handle the abuse. Basically, when you're all said and done, you Legend isn't gonna be all that streetable. Rethink your goals for this car. Do you want to make it into a drag car or a show car. YOu can't have both (unless money is not an object). If you want a race car, sell your Legend, buy a CRX w/ no engine, drop a H22 in there, tube chassis it, turbo it and there u go. Race car. If you want a show winning car, go to a body fabrication shop and have some sick custom kit made for it, and don't drive it daily. Keep it clean. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Hey, I'm not trying to hate you cuz I don't know you yet, but stop talking about this nonsence of having a 11 sec show Legend or else you will be hated on as a ricer, and as a disgrace to Legend owners around the world. Letting you know for reals. No B.S.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
you want to BET IM WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

C25A1guy said:
S2000 engine code: F20C1

I also know it's a F20 engine cuz that's what's stamped on the block. So, don't sh!t me.
wasn't 'sh1tting' on you.
I never saidyou were wrong but since you feel the need to accuse me of being wrong...my dump will come out

The JDM Accord has a quite different design compared to the US-based design that Honda markets for the rest of Asia. While the top of the range for the 'rest of Asia' uses the F20B SOHC-VTEC with 150ps (this engine is also available in the JDM line-up), the top domestic models uses the DOHC F20B, 180ps for auto and a very high 200ps for the manual.

F20A
1998cc (2.0L) DOHC
150hp / 142 lb-tq., 9.3 compression ratio
Hydro transmission (not included)
ECU (not included)
Usually found in the 90-93 Accord SiR in Japan, this swap is great for any 90-93 Accord. This will bolt right in on the Accords. You use your stock ECU, Harness, and transmission. Works on either automatic or manual trannies. Great swap with lots of power

F20B
The pride & joy of any Honda model is always the engine. The F20B uses a unique blue valve cover. Like all the larger displacement Honda engines, the F20B is mounted with a tilt towards the driver. Interestingly this method tilts the block upwards, and as the photo on the right shows, quite nicely positions the F20B engine code clearly for all to see!

The manual CF4 is coded as Accord SiR-T and uses a 200ps F20B while the auto CF4 is coded as Accord SiR and uses a re-tuned F20B giving a lower 180ps but with better midrange characteristics. Amazingly, while the delivering specific outputs of 90 to 100ps per litre, the F20B is also LEV (Low Emissions) ! Both the 180ps and 200ps versions uses the blue valve cover.

here are the links
Accord SiR

F20A

F20 has the blue Valve cover similar if not identical to the H22
Accord SiR-T Valve Cover
• Blueish/purple valve cover.
• Found on the JDM F20 Accord DOHC VTEC engine.
• Will fit any H-series/JDM F20 DOHC VTEC engine

JDMParts.com

1 - 20 of 47 Posts