Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading out on www.legendtuner.com about putting 9006 lights in for 9005 ( low beam lights in for your high beam). They say they will explain why later but they never do. Can someone tell me why you would want to do this?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
I believe that it was an experiment of putting a yellow bulb into the high beam socket to imitate the JDM which has integrated fog lights where our high beams are. The reason why it was not further discussed was probably because it didn't work out very well due to the high beam optics.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
jmckell said:
I was reading out on www.legendtuner.com about putting 9006 lights in for 9005 ( low beam lights in for your high beam). They say they will explain why later but they never do. Can someone tell me why you would want to do this?
I think it has to do with the 9005 bulb having a coating on the end of the glass capsule, which the 9006 bulb does not.

In practice, the 9005 bulb is used for the low beam; the 9006 for the high beam.

G

·
Re: Re: ? about headlights

paulo57509 said:

I think it has to do with the 9005 bulb having a coating on the end of the glass capsule, which the 9006 bulb does not.

In practice, the 9005 bulb is used for the low beam; the 9006 for the high beam.
Nah, other way around. The 9006 is the low beam, and 9005 is high. You can use 9005 in both though, some are afraid that the 9005 in both may be to bright, but I figure that it can't be any brighter than my D2S HID's that I have in my 9006 socket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you put the highbeam in the low, is it really too bright (like getting pulled over)? or just brighter then the low was originally?

·
Registered
655 Posts
If u were to get in a head on wreck and both sides deny liability

I think if they find out u modified it u would be at fault, I wanna do this mod but am afraid of this situation. That is if they say u had brights on or excuse.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have been in 3 wrecks, 1 my fault.

1 wreck was investigated intensively because both deny,and were both from same insurance,ended up both at fault , but if they could point finger at 1 person thry would have. would have saved them bout $10k. Im paranoid now.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nile Legend said:
if you put the highbeam in the low, is it really too bright (like getting pulled over)? or just brighter then the low was originally?
I have put the 9005 in for 9006 bulbs and it is bright. I have lowered the projection angle down so it will not blind anyone.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
assmaster said:
has anyone put yellow bulbs in the high beams? how is it done? i think i have seen it somewhere before
Read the post by LegendGS above. That is exactly what the tutorial at Legend Tuner was attempting to do. The reason why 9006 was used is because the low beam 9006 has aftermarket ion yellow bulbs, while there is/was at that time no ion or yellow 9005 bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts