Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When most OEM systems include a subwoofer in their system, it typically is situated on the middle of the rear deck. With this design, there's only 3 options - Free Air, Sealed Box, or Aperiodic Enclosure.

Would it be the right assumption that most OEM systems use a Free Air setup? I know that Sealed Box would be insane, simply because the box better be large enough to accomodate (trust me I've seen it before) and an Aperiodic Enclosure would be too costly for an OEM setup.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Most are a for m of free air. However, I only a few cars actaully have real sub systems in my opinion. And I think they are Lexus and the higher end cars. I don't call the 10" sub in the TL and CL a sub woofer system my any means. A better word would be a woofer. Yes, I know a sub woofer is a woofer and a woofer can be a sub wooder, but you get the point right?

·
Registered
248 Posts
uyou are correct in that free air assessment, the lexus system uses free air as well, I have yet to see a stock s ystem that has a sealed or proted enclosures for the subwoofers, they probably exist, but rare.

b

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes - I got you both - ChrisK and Bing.

Hey Chris, I thought at one point in time (in an old discussin on the legend.org forums) you were in the plans of doing an Aperiodic Enclosure? Whatever happened to that? I think that was before you sold your wife's Legend for that Civic.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
asianlegend said:
Yes - I got you both - ChrisK and Bing.

Hey Chris, I thought at one point in time (in an old discussin on the legend.org forums) you were in the plans of doing an Aperiodic Enclosure? Whatever happened to that? I think that was before you sold your wife's Legend for that Civic.
Still have it, although still incomplete. I have the first two layers of fiber glass laid on the AP enclosure, but that is it so far. I haven't had time to finish the glassing yet. Basically it is about 1/2 done with the actual buildind part. Maybe one day it will get done :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ChrisK said:
Basically it is about 1/2 done with the actual buildind part. Maybe one day it will get done :)
When pigs fly? hehe j/k! ;)

But, once it is done, do you got good people who can fine-tune it and make the right corrections if necessary or will u end up doing it yourself?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.