Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has given me a budget of $500.00 for rims :mad: Where is a good place to look for rims for a good deal. I really like the look of Tantrums and would like to stay with that style. I am also looking for 17's.

thanks

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
jmckell said:
My wife has given me a budget of $500.00 for rims :mad: Where is a good place to look for rims for a good deal. I really like the look of Tantrums and would like to stay with that style. I am also looking for 17's.

thanks
Is that $500 for both rims and tires? If so that's not going to cut it. Most the time, tires alone cost that much.

Anyways, check you www.tirerack.com and www.tires.com

Both have a feature which let you see what the rims look like on your car.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
$500 huh , well, Thats not a lot unless you know someone boosting rims off the discount tire truck in the middle of the night. I believe those rims are at leat $180 each not incuding rubbher. I say take your wife out to dinner some place nice and try to charm her into expanding the rim bugget to atleast $1400, because that what it will cost after the tires are factored in. Good luck.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$500.00 is for Rims. I can talk her in to tires once I have the rims:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
jmckell said:
$500.00 is for Rims. I can talk her in to tires once I have the rims:D
Is that per rim or for all 4? Can't get much for 4 with that price, especially with our offset.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hahahahaha, 500 bucks Hahahaha I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh but thats funny.
Because my wife did the same to me, $500 will only get you a set of crapy 15's from Sears, which would be one big fat waste of money. You'll get more of a delight burning it with a magnifying glass.

Do this partner, I did this with my wife.

Sit her down at the computer and show her some of the Legends here on this site with 17's & 18's, often times our women are clueless to automotive stuff and the realistic prices of such things as wheels, and so they need to see for themselves what 1500-2500 bucks will get them as oppose to $500 .
I did this very thing and when she saw the difference in appearence she couldn't believe it, and so in time when the budget was right she allowed me a buget of $3000 for wheels and tires, why? because I showed her what 500-1000 bucks would do to car and what 2000-3000 would do for it, and anyone who like nice things wouldn't settle for anything less. So It may mean that you have to be patient and wait until your budget is better, because I'm sure your wife wants the Legend to look good and not cheap and crapy, obviously the two of you have good taste otherwise you wouldn't have bought the Legend in the first place, just put the 500 in the bank and save some more, you and your wife will love your Legend more in the end TRUST ME!!!!

PS. If she just cant see spending that kind of money on wheels you'll be better off keeping the stockies on buddy.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
RenoG said:
Hahahahaha, 500 bucks Hahahaha I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh but thats funny.
Because my wife did the same to me, $500 will only get you a set of crapy 15's from Sears, which would be one big fat waste of money. You'll get more of a delight burning it with a magnifying glass.

Do this partner, I did this with my wife.

Sit her down at the computer and show her some of the Legends here on this site with 17's & 18's, often times our women are clueless to automotive stuff and the realistic prices of such things as wheels, and so they need to see for themselves what 1500-2500 bucks will get them as oppose to $500 .
I did this very thing and when she saw the difference in appearence she couldn't believe it, and so in time when the budget was right she allowed me a buget of $3000 for wheels and tires, why? because I showed her what 500-1000 bucks would do to car and what 2000-3000 would do for it, and anyone who like nice things wouldn't settle for anything less. So It may mean that you have to be patient and wait until your budget is better, because I'm sure your wife wants the Legend to look good and not cheap and crapy, obviously the two of you have good taste otherwise you wouldn't have bought the Legend in the first place, just put the 500 in the bank and save some more, you and your wife will love your Legend more in the end TRUST ME!!!!

PS. If she just cant see spending that kind of money on wheels you'll be better off keeping the stockies on buddy.
LOL, Good Idea !!! I did the exact same thing. I brought up some G2 coupes on my PC from the legend gallery and showed my girl friend the look I wanted and she liked it. The rest was history. So now my G2 Pearl White LS Coupe is sitting on some 18x7.5 Giovanna Corsicas (chrome) with 225/40 Yokohoma Paradas. She likes it. Next I'm going to sneak in some Eibachs, hopefully she want notice.
Good Luck Man.
:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually, for $500 you can get a decent set of 17s from Sears, you just have to price match them from somewhere online and then work there so you get 20% off:D At least that's what I did, total package ran about $1200 but I got some nice Dunlop SP8000s so that's where most of the money went. If you know someone that works in an auto shop or if you don't mind buying american racing, hehe, you can get wheels for that much. If, however, you don't have either of these things I'd suggest getting a budget of at least $800 for your wheels. Good luck man.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
I agree...save your money for a better mod, or put it in the bank, or woooo the missus off her feet one day..pamper her, then when the time is right a few days later, show her what you like, and show her what you don't...a PICTURE is a thousand words.

if you go to www.salesco.com or www.wheelmax.com I have heard they have low low prices too (wholesale)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Fun92 said:
Actually, for $500 you can get a decent set of 17s from Sears, you just have to price match them from somewhere online and then work there so you get 20% off:D At least that's what I did, total package ran about $1200 but I got some nice Dunlop SP8000s so that's where most of the money went. If you know someone that works in an auto shop or if you don't mind buying american racing, hehe, you can get wheels for that much. If, however, you don't have either of these things I'd suggest getting a budget of at least $800 for your wheels. Good luck man.
500 for decent 17's at Sears? shoot..tell me more! what did you show them to price match it? i'm thinking of rims too, and i don't want go 500 (for God's sake, i'm still in high school) also, what's wrong with American racing? bad quality? or good quality, but nobody wants to stoop to buying american parts?

·
Registered
139 Posts
They list for about $150 each but I get 20% off everything becuase I work there so that's why it was only $500 for the set. American Racing wheels pretty much suck, we have to send about 25% of them back because of defects from the factory. They are cheap, which is the only good thing about them, but I would never recommend them to anyone, regardless of the fact that all of them look like ass. I got some Loco Racing wheels and have been very happy with them, we also have TSWs which are pretty good. If you want to price match something just bring in an invoice or something showing how much the wheels are, including shipping, from wherever you saw the better price. Sears should price match anything, including online stores. Good luck with finding something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts