Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Kumho tires - don't even get me started. Just don't plan on putting new ones on in about 20k. BTW, I would classify them as dangerous in inclimate weather (heavy down pour and definitely in the snow)

KNLNGUS

Not good enough for any price they could label on them, cept 4 free.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i had the Kumho Ecsta V700 for about 6 months. they weren't too bad. i didn't want to spend more than 400 including tax for tires then. but if you have the extra cash, i'd go for toyos or pirelli's.

-j

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Regardless of price or the performance of the tire, I could not drive around with a set of tires, especially on my Legend called:

"Kum-ho"

I laugh at that name every time I see it. :D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
lol

YOu guys are funny as hell lol

Ok...I clowned the name Kum Ho until I used them last year.

For the money, not at all a bad tire.
Very good grip in summer, pleasant weather.
Decent grip in the rain (wheel spin is emminent if you floor it at a stop)
AWESOME FOR AUTOCROSSING!!!

Do not like potholes...so, if you get them, beware of the lil kinks in your area.

Toyo
Pirelli
Kumho
Falken

In that order..performance wise...
Never had the Yoko's so can't comment.

I have a heavy foot...and the Toyo's have been keeping up so far :)
Kumho's are very sticky..so if you want to put the power down, with minmum spin, and for cheap...go ho..I mean Kumho

·
Registered
744 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe - what about the mileage.

IMHO kum-ho are a summer only tire

Yokohama - have them on now. After 3k and driving in snow conditions a handfull of times and wet weather conditions I could not be happier (for the price and performance).

The Kum-ho tires I had on gripped the pavement on inclimate weather (even cold w/o rain, snow, ice) like a city slick. My TCS was activating more than any other set of tires I have had on her.

KNLNGUS

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe - what about the mileage.

IMHO kum-ho are a summer only tire

Yokohama - have them on now. After 3k and driving in snow conditions a handfull of times and wet weather conditions I could not be happier (for the price and performance).

The Kum-ho tires I had on gripped the pavement on inclimate weather (even cold w/o rain, snow, ice) like a city slick. My TCS was activating more than any other set of tires I have had on her.

KNLNGUS
You are exactly right...you get what you pay for. I bought them in spring and ran threw them ..but I never treated them with respect...burnouts, SCCA Autocross, HARD CORE Driving (Non TCS). No snow where I live, Summer/Spring all year here ;)

So for a NORMAL person, I guess I would have to put them on the sedan for a realistic answer. My rear Kumho's fared well...they only died to premature wear from potholes and road debris from trucks.

I think someone should try this experiment....besides, that's less than $550 shipped...go for it :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
MC_ said:
Regardless of price or the performance of the tire, I could not drive around with a set of tires, especially on my Legend called:

"Kum-ho"

I laugh at that name every time I see it. :D
doesn't kum ho mean high gold?
hehe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kumhos = take a while to heat up, hence they are good for hard autocrossing runs... for daily, they suck cuz you never take a 30ft radius turn at 60mph down to 30mph. Kumhos are good for racing, but not for daily driving, I never had a problem for rain or snow. I had the Yokohama Paradas before at 215/35/18, I love those a lot more, i can take off ramps cautioned at 30mph and I can do 75 mph on them instead. I am too scared to do those on the Kumhos. I have a 93 sedan.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nah, my nuts arent like melons!! (I aint THAT CRAZY, but I do take my abilities [and my car] to its edge). I do autocross, and that is how I know my car.. I think for my WRX, I am going to go with the COMP-TA G-force tires from BFGoodrich, see how they are in the autocross. And if those arent that great, I will go with Hoosier Autocross tires DOT STREET LEGAL. I will use the Hoosiers and compare it to conventional street performance tires. I'll let you know which one feels the best out of all the tires I tested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts