Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 legend gs and my ebrake light stays on. i checked codes and its says emergency brake fault. i checked the switch there is no power to it. so im assuming the wire is finding ground. i wasn't sure if this is common or a problem with the abs module? any help is greatly appreciated

i believe that this is whats causing the abs to come on and the tcs also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i checked the brake fluid. it was full. i was thinking it was wiring tho. there was no voltage drop before the parking brake switch and a known ground. so i was assuming that there was so sort of short upstream from the switch itself. im guessing you guys haven't run into this problem before

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would i be correct in assuming that when the parking brake light is on. the abs and tcs module wont work due to the fact the "rear wheels are locking up" or so the computers think

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
sorta, they computer doesn't think the rear brakes are locked up. it has a wheel speed sensor to know otherwise.

the ABS and TCS so however get turned off after 15mph if the brake light is on for any reason.

here's the circuit diagram from the FSM
Acura Legend Online Service Manual (Page: 0715)

i would make sure you check the switch in the brake fluid. they can stick. fluid level of both the ABS resevoir and Master Cylinder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well... i finally got it fixed. i was just gonna ignore it for now but i removed my gauge cluster the other day to change the bulbs and i decided to poke around. whomever that installed the aftermarket cell phone might have chaffed the wire. it was worn at one spot. but i fixed it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
pls help me with reading codes.

when start the engine my ABS light went off, i drive a few distance and my abs light comes on. So i weired service connector to pull codes and yellow TCS light comes on, than ABS light one time blink, and it's over.

What code it is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts