Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me if this is normal on a 1994 Acura Legend GS? Here's the case, everytime I start to move (the car) I always hear a buzz sound coming from the front right side of the car I had ask this to the dealer already and they said that it is the ABS which is automatically check the ABS sensors or something. I don't really trust the dealer and I had my mechanic check it and told me that it was the ABS pump. Which one is true? Cn anybody tell me where to find a cheap radiator?

Thanks
Anthony
'94 Acura Legend GS (Gold)
'93 Acura Vigor GS (White)

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
What the dealer said is true, but ... the ABS pump works for a short time (when you here the buzzing sound) and also the ABS pump must be quiet after any seconds !!! That´s important.

If the ABS pump works a little bit longer, then perhaps you have a defective ABS pump. But, what your dealer not told to you is...

...the dealer can flushing this pump without removing or demounting the pump!!! This is the last attempt for you, to save your money. After flushing the pump, this could be done, if you not hear any "buzzings". If not, then... tja, try to find an good used ABS pump. ABS pumps are really to much expensive to buy this as an origin HONDA/ACURA pump.

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, I think it's good then 'cause it only take like a couple of seconds and gone but is that everytime you move the car?

Thanks
Anthony
'94 Acura Legend GS (Gold)
'93 Acura Vigor GS (White)

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
NOPE !!! I´ve never heard this buzzing sound on my KA8 Coupe.
As I owned my last Legend KA3 (2 years ago), yes. I had this problem too.

And consider it, 1x in every year (best time is in spring), to change your COMPLETE brake fluid - EVERY YEAR !!!

Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
513 Posts
hey dnastyboy1, i hear this on my 94 L too. this only happened tho after i got in my accident couple weeks ago. it's really annoying and it gets me thinking that something might be wrong. in addition i just posted a thread saying my ABS doesn't work anymore. but this has been going on for a while.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It is normal people. When you fist start the car at the beginning of your day and you take off, say back out your driveway and hit the brake to shift into D4, you will hear the buzzing sound as the ABS sets itself. It is totally normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts