Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shop guys just told me tha t my Control head unit for the ac is having problems -

as well as compressor leaking -

What should I do for locationg parts?
they recommended junkyards -

any suggestions

Thanks

dave

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
dgenchi said:
Shop guys just told me tha t my Control head unit for the ac is having problems -

as well as compressor leaking -

What should I do for locationg parts?
they recommended junkyards -

any suggestions

Thanks

dave
Wrecking yards are probably your cheapest solution.

Are you sure it's the control unit and not just a component of the climate control system that's bad? Make sure it's the control unit before doing anything else.

The auto climate control system has a self-diag feature. With the key on, engine off, press both the OFF and AUTO buttons. If there is a problem, one of the MODE LED's will illuminate. I don't have the codes in front of me at the moment, but this is worth checking before jumping to any conclusions.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no led warning

Thanks much for the tip-
I was getting real discouraged on all the repair bills lately -even though I try and do most of the work myself-

Went and pushed the off and the AUTO at the same time and the ac startd to blow -so no warnign blink of led or anything-

It used to blow cold unti lthe blower motor went -replaced that and it worked for a week- then the tranny and clutch had to be replaced -which i s still in th e process of being completed- a nd now the ac dosn't work-

I love the way the car drives - just hope I can find a reasonable solution -
I read thru the posts regardign ac issues and tried to educate myself on all the things alredy coverd in the forum -

Thanks again

dave

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
So what exactly is wrong with the climate controls?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AC climate controll

Paul -

It doesn't seem to activat the compressor 100% of the time -but the fan blows and the vents work and everythign-

I can set it to manual and on Hi and it has plenty of air moving-

now with no freon in it at all -since the shop drained the system -I cant tell anything -

Originally the way to get it to really work was to drive around a bunch at high speed and eventually it would blow cold- lots of "smoke" moisture blowing from the vents- "Evaporator Bad"?

Then after teh tranny work -it wouldn't cool at all -

then the diagnosos today said compressor leaking-

so I guess I can get a second opinon- or look on Ebay for a compressor -Saw a rebuilt for the 90 coupe for $225-

Is there any other good sources for parts ?

thanks

dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.