Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

inherited one of these 1989 Acura legends. AC is not working, compressor doesn’t kick on, no fan.
It definitely has no refrigerant, but on closer inspection I don’t even see a high side tap point. Usually I am used to seeing a smaller line come off the fire wall and this has a high side cap on it.

The low side is there.

I am going to upload a couple pics.
My main issue is I can’t find this part anywhere. Rock auto doesn’t seem to have anything pictures that goes from the firewall to the drier.
Anyone know what part I’m looking for and where to get it?

notice in the images out of the firewall it’s just an empty connection point, and then on the drier another empty connection point. Shouldn’t there be the high side line going between these two points? At the very least I’m certain I should be able to find a high side cap or tap point somewhere and I cannot.
Any help is great. This is one of the oldest cars I’ve worked on, and the lack of readily “youtubeable” info is shocking to me :(.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The high pressure (suction) line you're looking for is here:

It also looks like you're missing the Dual Pressure Switch and Pressure Switch B that attach to the Receiver/Drier. I don't know if Honda might have changed the pressure switch design in 1989.

From 1987 service manual:

Art Font Parallel Slope Drawing

I don't know where you can find these switch(es). They're discontinued from Honda. A wrecking yard might be your only alternative.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It also looks like you're missing the Dual Pressure Switch and Pressure Switch B that attach to the Receiver/Drier. I don't know if Honda might have changed the pressure switch design in 1989.

View attachment 13533

I don't know where you can find these switch(es). They're discontinued from Honda. A wrecking yard might be your only alternative.
Appreciate your response. I actually further dug and found more information.

Your link to rock auto is the suction line (low pressure larger line). That line I have.
I believe the high pressure line is the one that would have the drier involved.

Regardless, most of these lines are discontinued you are correct. But hilariously aftermarket ones exist for all the lines except this high pressure line coming from the firewall to the drier. I was able to find one though. The trinary switch I was able to find on rock auto.

So for anyone who might have my issue here is what you are looking for:

80323-SD4-A03 googling that part number will get you lots of pretty pictures and diagrams of what you need, but good luck finding one.

So as you stated, wrecking yard or have a shop fabricate you one.
Anyway, if anyone is in need of this line, I hope this helps you but more than likely unless it was stolen, you just need the orings or fittings which are regularly available .

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Ah...you need the hard line. I would check a local AC shop and see if they can help you. They should be able to fab up a hard line for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah...you need the hard line. I would check a local AC shop and see if they can help you. They should be able to fab up a hard line for you.
Decided to do a r134 conversion to it. Issue I’m running into now, is trying to continue using the old fittings coming out of the firewall, but not such luck finder an adapter . I guess these 89s are a part nightmare...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

View attachment 13533

Also to add for anyone who might be looking. In the 89 it’s a single trinary switch you can get from rock auto. But honestly, at the age of the car who even cares just by pass it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Decided to do a r134 conversion to it. Issue I’m running into now, is trying to continue using the old fittings coming out of the firewall, but not such luck finder an adapter . I guess these 89s are a part nightmare...
It's part of the adventure of owning a +30 year old car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.