Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't used my AC for the longest time, and recently I turn it on but no cold air. The AC button lights up, but nothing. I usually notice a little change w/ the RPM when I press the button, but this time nothing. Could it be a fuse or do i need a recharge? Any suggestions? 93 coupe

kevin

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The compressor is probably not kicking in and the most likely reason is you have a leak and not enough refrigerant in the system. The Legend has a low pressure sensor on the system that prevents the compressor from running if low on refrigerant. Running the compressor when low on refrigerant would damage it, since oil is a part of the coolant charge. One thing you should ALWAYS do is run your A/C occasionally year round to keep seals lubricated and prevent shrinking and leakage. In the winter, run the defroster, which uses the A/C to dehumidify. I would take your in to a good A/C shop and let them test the system for pressure and if low, the point of leakage. Many will have special on this (free or 29 buck or so) They can find the spot easily with the new sensors they use to sniff the connectors (dye tests used to be used, but they were hard to see in crowded compartment and took too long sometimes). No need to have dealer do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts