Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all .. I was hoping one of you might have an old magazine article when they featured an Acura Legend coupe, somewhere from 93-95.

I'm trying to do some research, and I'm looking for all of the acceleration times that they reported ie.

0-10
0-20
0-60

etc,etc ..

If anyone has this information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dave

G

·
0 Posts
go to legend.org and you'll find it somewhere around there... I think that its the third button down.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I checked that out .. There is some good info on there, ie. 1/4 mile, 0-60 and 0-100, but I'm looking for the lower numbers that they did publish in the Car and Driver or Road and Track issues. ie 0-20,0-30,0-40,0-50 ...

Anyone have that article??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Dave

Remember me?? My six-speed was parked next to yours at Carlisle last year. I haven't been on the boards in a while, but since these new ones came up, I've been browsing them. I have the 1993 R&T article on the six-speed LS coupe. Here are the numbers you're looking for:

0-30: 2.8 sec.
0-40: 4.2
0-50: 5.7
0-60: 7.3
0-70: 9.9
0-80: 12.3
0-90: 15.2
0-100: 19.5

1/4 mile: 15.7 @ 91.0 mph

I believe that those are with the TCS on. Hope these help, Brian

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also have the 93 R&T issue.

Re-reading it i found: "... -60 mph arrives about a second earlier than it does with the TCS switched off."

So that would be about 6.3. Not bad. Figure an L with the smaller tires, would be around 6.6??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Actually, the smaller diameter wheels and lighter tires of the L might accelerate more quickly than the LS with the 16" wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
99 Posts
2x6spds said:
Actually, the smaller diameter wheels and lighter tires of the L might accelerate more quickly than the LS with the 16" wheel/tire combo.
True. I was thinking more of the smaller contact patch (215 vs 205) lowering traction.

Prbably a toss up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all of the info, that's what I was looking for!

Brian - Good to hear from you, and yes I remember your 'almost stock :)' 6 speed at Carlisle last year. Are you going to come again this year? Have you made any mods, or are you still going to be in the Mild class??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts