Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Accident BEFORE first owner? Checked it out.. opinions?

okay, so i was looking around on autotrader.com and found a 95 Legend SE. i had a carfax report ran on it.. and.. well this.. well.. i dunno.. just made me go ? :confused:

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

08/19/1995 Ohio
Police Report
Sycamore, OH
Case #950921415
Accident Reported
Vehicle involved in crash
with another motor vehicle

09/15/1995 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cincinnati, OH
Registered as
personal vehicle

09/21/1995 12 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cincinnati, OH
Title #3100962179
Title issued or updated
First owner reported

07/27/2001 70,637 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Seaman, OH
Title #0100155163
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported

10/03/2001 77,000 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Carrollton, GA
Title #6185012769020
Registration issued or renewed

12/09/2003 134,000 Indiana
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Indianapolis, IN
Title #03235217004
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported

12/03/2004 Dealer Inventory

notice the first three reports.. accident before it was even bought.. anyone ever hear of anything like this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LegendGS said:
Yeah, the car might have been a dealer "executive/demo" car when it was involved in the accident.
i thought about that too.. but at the first odometer reading.. on 9/21 it's only at 12 miles. unless it was only used as a demo for a very short period of time.
another thing someone mentioned is an accident during transportation. if it was being transported to the dealership and the truck or whatever it was on was involved in an accident, would that be reported to the police as an accident of the vehicles on the truck also? :confused:

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
Cars do have accidents under the dealerships ownership--Test drives, while being parked, getting run into while parked, etc.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
They don't only truck cars to the dealerships. Depending on where you live and what dealer, sometimes they hire 3rd party drivers (Or even there own staff) to pick the cars up at the port and drive them back to the dealership. All the dealerships in my state do this since it usually is only within 10-15 miles to any dealer from the port. Anyway, long ago when I worked at a local Honda dealership new cars would sometimes come in with a minor or major collision. It happens all the time. If it is minor, they just repair it and sell the car. If it is major they probably collect the full insurance and sometimes donate the cars to local high schools or collage body shops for projects.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks for all the feedback! i actually went to check out the car today. saw pretty bad accident while there too, car nearly took out the front passenger side wheel! everyone looked fine tho, car's driver seemed a lil shaken but nothing serious. well back to the car. as for the accident, doesn't look like it was anything bad. there was a part in the rear bumper on the passengerside corner where it looked like it could have been bumped, nothing to serious though. as for the rest of the car.. seemed quite nice actually. there were some rust spots on the rear passenger side fender. but the exterior was in good condition. there's just two things that i'm lookin around the forum to find an answer to.. 1. when i started the car, the smell of the exaust was a little weird. 2. when in park, when i'd press the break, i would hear a tapping coming from which seemed to me is under the shifter. anyone know what could cause these things? as for now, i'm off to the search link!

thanks again for the feedback!

edit:
just searched around.. got the whole clicking thing down. sorry, life fulla toyota's never heard of anything like it so it made me think right off the bat. as for the exaust, been looking around and as everyone knows BHG is a common problem. also found a thread where it described the smell as "sweet" not sure what "sweet" should smell like.. so for now i think i'll be sniffing some antifreeze to see if it matches :p

·
Registered
446 Posts
An accident at the dealership is probably what happened, my sisters friend was sold a vw that fell off the truck she bought it not knowing it had happened and like a week later the door fell off as she opened it and they finally spilled the beans. Beyond that my friend has washed cars at the local bmw and lexus dealers and he is always telling me how people are backing into poles or into other cars, it's actually really common because if you imagine they dont have much room in the back to keep all these cars and it is kids driving them generally so they get crashed alot, dealer doesnt even trip one dude crashed three bmw's and tore the leather up (long story with a tool belt involved) on an m5 or something of that calibur and all they did was finally move him away from the car washing and inside to the offices....

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
A Legend that smokes that much from the tail pipe is not normal. All three of my Legends (Still with family or friends) have over 110-120K miles and none of them smoke like that. I'd say go find another car. BHG is a problem on many used Legends, but the rest of us are lucky enough to not have that problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChrisK said:
A Legend that smokes that much from the tail pipe is not normal. All three of my Legends (Still with family or friends) have over 110-120K miles and none of them smoke like that. I'd say go find another car. BHG is a problem on many used Legends, but the rest of us are lucky enough to not have that problem.
yeah, that was quite a lot of smoke.. don't want to have to deal with a bhg right off the bat. so i went to check this OTHER legend out today. auto 95 LS white/tan. as it ran, exaust seemed fine. just yeah, seems like a broken tranny mount. HARD shift from first to second. also the condition of it wasn't all that great. it was obvious that it hit something, there was a huge gap between the hood/front fenders and the front bumper. yet i checked under the hood didn't see any damage.. maybe it just got ripped off by a curb or while parking. ANYWAY.. yeah.. the portion under the steering colum was like.. falling apart.. leather was ripped in a few places.. and it smelled like cheap vinyl.. had that taxi smell to it. so yeah, i think i'm gonna end up passing that up too. damn people and their abuse of legends!

as for the next one i'm gonna go check out, it's the auto 94 GS.. the one i posted about before
http://acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59566&highlight=opinion+needed
gonna ask the guy for a test drive, see how it runs.. check out the interior a lil more.. hopefully it'll be in good condition. ::crosses fingers::

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.