Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my baby was in an accident today.........ok, so here goes. Im on the southern state parkway in long island, on my way to the mall to pick up my momfrom work. There is a 2003 toyota corolla doin like about 90 mph( i kno, shocking right). Hes cutting people off left and right, and comming over into other peoples lanes while hes right next to them, so they are forced to moved into another lane, and i say to myself if he tries that [email protected]#t with me, im gonna beat the helll outta this guy. So he takes off and goes about his business, but anybody kno knows the parkway knows that at any point in time u can hit traffic anywhere, so i catch up to him while he was stuck in traffic, then he tries that foolishness with me, so i swerve out of my lane into the next lane but i end up right behind this 01 maxima, with 4 elderly people in it, and i say i cant hit this car, no way. So i swerve again into the other lane next to them, but this time i lost complete control of my legend and i tried to swerve again to try and regain control but that was a very bad idea, becuz i end up whackin that same maxima sidways doing like 70+, took the rear fender right out on their car, and slightly twisting my bumper. We both begin to do 360's like in a movie (the scariest thing ever BTW), smoke everywhere from both of our tires. Im surprised no other cars knocked into us, becuz the highway was pretty full and we were all over the place. Needless to saywe ended up on the grass patch between an exit and the highway itself. they ended up with 2 flat tires and a horrible fender, and the biggest inconvenience ever. :(

· Registered
114 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Legend. I'm glad to see that your alright! I had a similar innocent happen to me. I was driving my 99 Yukon, and I could see that this Kia Spectra was wreckless cutting in and out of traffic, sort of like this individual your describing. I see her come up real fast behind me, and she starts to cut this other car off in the other lane, and she couldn't. So she gets up on my ass, and I slammed the brakes on. You can guess what happen after this??? She got a new front end, both airbags deployed in her face and nice hot coffee in her lap. So several cars stopped to see if she was alright. The other people told the police traffice was really slow and she was cutting in and out of traffic wreckless and I had to stop quick because of the slow which was a bunch of bull. I looked at the back of the Yukon, not a scratch on the back bumper, and she slid under the back bumper and hit the hitch and the reciever. I guess she learned a lesson that day and I got $3000.00 out of the deal. No a bad deal!!!

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Legend. I'm glad to see that your alright! I had a similar innocent happen to me. I was driving my 99 Yukon, and I could see that this Kia Spectra was wreckless cutting in and out of traffic, sort of like this individual your describing. I see her come up real fast behind me, and she starts to cut this other car off in the other lane, and she couldn't. So she gets up on my ass, and I slammed the brakes on. You can guess what happen after this??? She got a new front end, both airbags deployed in her face and nice hot coffee in her lap. So several cars stopped to see if she was alright. The other people told the police traffice was really slow and she was cutting in and out of traffic wreckless and I had to stop quick because of the slow which was a bunch of bull. I looked at the back of the Yukon, not a scratch on the back bumper, and she slid under the back bumper and hit the hitch and the reciever. I guess she learned a lesson that day and I got $3000.00 out of the deal. No a bad deal!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

that is and awsome story

ive been tempted to do that, only because i want to sell my car, but no one wants it because its got the miles on it. well i was thinking if it got wrecked it would be totaled pretty easy(oklahoma has a law that says if the cost to repair the car is 3/4 of the value its totaled). i know thats a horrible thing to do but ive always wondered what would happen if i did hit the brakes on a tailgater. i guess i know now.

BTW if you want my car is 3k with the wheels 2500 without 211k miles

· Registered
259 Posts
Grant said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

i know thats a horrible thing to do but ive always wondered what would happen if i did hit the brakes on a tailgater. i guess i know now.

BTW if you want my car is 3k with the wheels 2500 without 211k miles
U better have a lot of people willing to vouch for you when the cops come because it's gonna be ur fault if u purposely slam the brakes even if their tailgating.
I just passed this section in my law class.

· NY Member
3,477 Posts
acurarsxguy said:
Acura Legends lately are real hard to sell for some reason. I guess that there getting old and there are very few Legend lovers out there anymore!
I disagree with that. I am always looking/buying Legends. One in decent shape sells quick. Even the beaters sell.

-Eric

· Registered
4,086 Posts
I think there should be three lanes..like in europe. 70,80,90 on freeways....

Cops should be more prone to pull over a damn corolla doing 90 than a sports car made to handle those speeds. which is more dangerous??

Ps- I have no idea how u managed to lose control unless u whipped the steering wheel and made the backend come out....we have speed sensitive steering. I was doing 120 alongside an RX8 and it was amazing how nimble he was. :eek2:

· Registered
1,696 Posts
U better have a lot of people willing to vouch for you when the cops come because it's gonna be ur fault if u purposely slam the brakes even if their tailgating.
ya i kinda figured thats how it would have to be
well i want a car to pull out in front of me or somthing so i have a good reason

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.