Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal... this ALL happened in one weekend, so reading this may cause pain to some of you more dedicated Legend owners... Here goes:

Friday... going to South Carolina to R&D Motorsports to tune buddy's S2000... a gravel truck swerves in front of me, dumping heavy chunks all over the interstate, then onto my car... this cracks the windshield, breaks the bumper lights, side turning lights, and one headlight, along with denting the hood, and taking big chunks of paint off of the fenders and hood... Jesus Christ...

Saturday... I park my now-beat-up Legend at the local "Parker's Market" which is a gas-and-go type place... I go inside, and to my surprise, this girl in a red Integra SLAMS, I MEAN SLAMS into my PARKED CAR!!!! She runs RIGHT INTO IT!!!! NOT EVEN LOOKING!!!! Well, the back bumper gets all messed up, and all this mess, and she's all crying, and I'm like "Gee, thanks, you made my day..." and she says "I wasn't looking, I couldn't see it..." and I say "You couldn't see the big green car that WASN'T MOVING in front of you... IN A ****ING PARKING LOT!?!?!?!?!"

Saturday (30 minutes later)... I'm about to crack... getting back into my now really beat up Legend, I'm now going to go back to the house, clean it up (try to), and schedule a time to drop it off at Scotts Autobody (if anyone near Savannah needs work, this is the place to get it done - fabulous record...) anyways, I depress the brake pedal upon coming to a stop sign, and it goes to the floor.... I'm like "WTF!?!?!" So I coast over the Southern Motors Acura, an I have them look at it, where they find that the master cylinder has gone bad... common for Legends so they tell me... So I say Fine, Fix it, NOW! I leave the car there until today (Mon), and then i pick it up... the cost is $439.00, and I get a completely new Master Cylinder, resevoir, and a fluid change... good deal... the car's brakes are nice and firm...

Tomorrow (Tuesday...) my car goes to Scotts Autobody to get a whole new windshield, front bumper, hood, bumper lights, corner lights, headlight, and a total repaint... (again), along with a whole new rear bumper... so needless to say, my car is going to look brand new, and I'll provide some nice pictures to all of you when my baby gets out of the shop in a week... Wish me luck...

P.S. - Enterprize Rent-A-Car was nice enough (stupid enough) to give me a Chevrolet S10 with a Vortec V-6 in it... so I've been having fun burning the tires off of it.. I'm going to the drag strip on Wed with it, so I'll tell you guys how it does... ha...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wow, I woulda killed myself... or somebody else, but not everyone would have come out of that weekend alive.

-GR

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Hmm.. I'm guessing the girl is paying for damages right? I would try to get that gravel company too...

And... is that usual cost of a Master Cylinder? My aunt just got one for her 91 Integra GS, $120 piece. Her brother installed it himself, said it was pretty easy...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Leon... I won't be there this Sat.... unfortunately I have to stay here, and await (patiently) for my Acura to be finished... but when it gets there, I'll mail you some pics and I'd like you to host them on the boad for me, since I have no way to do it... I'd really appreciate it. Well, I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens, but I' sure that the final outcome of the car will be greater than I could ever expect.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OMG, I can just imagine the horror. I feel your pain, brother. When I had my first accident (I rear-ended someone while babe-watching), I was without a car for 2 weeks. Picked up my car on a Tuesday night at 5PM. Wednesday morning at 9AM, on my way to work, I rear-ended someone else. At this point, I took my car to the mechanic BEFORE the body shop, and sure enough, leaking master cylinder. After the second one, I splurged for a new MC, Brembos, and some new Metal Masters.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
Yeah, Leon... I won't be there this Sat.... unfortunately I have to stay here, and await (patiently) for my Acura to be finished... but when it gets there, I'll mail you some pics and I'd like you to host them on the boad for me, since I have no way to do it... I'd really appreciate it. Well, I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens, but I' sure that the final outcome of the car will be greater than I could ever expect.
I gotcha covered

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys I'll have pics on Friday, but they won't be of a complete car, only what they've managed to get done up until now... But come Tues the car should be done... if FOR SOME REASON THAT IT GETS DONE ON FRIDAY (fingers crossed), I'll BE AT THE LEGEND MEET AT ASL!! Yeah!! But there's no point in getting my hopes up, I don't think that she'll make it in time... I'll mail those pics to you ASAP on Friday Leon. You all have fun at the ASL, I wish I could be there...

·
Registered
722 Posts
You should have a tv show, Chris's Bad Luck, sorry man. Insurance picking it up?? All of it?? And was that girl reported to USBDA ....United States Bad Drivers Association>? Plus she's givin Acura a bad name drivin that Integra. The way it sounds though she won't have it long!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys what's up? Thought I'd update you on the info on my car... it's not done (typical), and when I went on Friday, the bodyshop manager was all like "WE CAN'T HAVE ANYONE TAKIN PICTURES, IT'S AGAINST OUR PRIVACY POLICY... PUT THAT DOWN" (the camera)... so anyways I stand there and just keep poking my nose through the door while the manager was on the phone with a customer, and just as he was like "HEY, HEY, GET BACK IN FROM THERE!" I saw it... it was pretty dark towards the back of the shop (pretty big shop), but I saw this beautiful, smooth form roll across the back of the shop in the shadows with two guys pushing it and one steering, and then it rolled out into the sunlight coming from a window, and I saw it - the most glossy dark forest gren that I've ever seen. It was all taped off, and the frontend was on the car, along with the back bumper and the new lights, windshield, bottom lip, etc... and as the rays of light rolled across the hood I yelped to my friend "I SAW IT!!! I SAW IT!!! IT'S BADASS!!!!" as the manager walked towards me at a quick pace. I then spun around, said "Thanks, and you did a great job on my car, I can't wait to see it!" and left the shop. Wow, I really can't wait to see it in person, up close... I'll have pics on Mon or Tues at the latest...

p.s. - can anyone hook me up with a place to get an OEM KA8 Legend bra for my car at a good deal?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ARG - this just in for Leon - Man, my luck just sucks! A good buddy of mine (sponsored by AEM) has an '01 S2000, and after I told him about the Legend meet, he was like "WE HAVE TO GO, LET'S GO RIGHT NOW MAN!!" but unfortunately that was at 11am this morning, so we've already missed it (or will have by the time that we get up there from Savannah)... Damn! Well, here are his mods, and if you'll post a pic Leon, I'll mail you one... get back to me tonight, ok?

2001 S2000
AEM Stand alone engine management system
Spoon header (DC sports right now though)
HKS exhaust
test pipe
HKS springs
Comptech intake
MJR? crossdrilled/slotted rotors
racing pads (carbon kevlar composite... $399 for a pair!)
blue goo? synthetic racing brake fluid
braided brake lines...

But, the most crucial power maker of the lot is by far the AEM... his car put down (not at liberty to say because of Negotiations with AEM at this time for reimbursement of dyno time, etc...) 32+ more RWHP than a brand new 2002 S2000 with Mugen header, Mugen intake, and B&B tri-flo exhaust... pretty impressive for a NA car, huh?

P.S. - it'll spank a 300Z twin turbo... pretty funny

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
"WE CAN'T HAVE ANYONE TAKIN PICTURES, IT'S AGAINST OUR PRIVACY POLICY... PUT THAT DOWN" (the camera)...
I wonder why some shops are so critical about taking pictures, while other shops are not. My body shop, of which I have a good relationship with has no problem with me, or anyone taking pictures. In fact, when my car was in his shop in 99 after my accident, he helped me put some of the parts out in the daylight so I can get better pictures :) He even let me back my car out a bit so I had more room to take different angles of the car. Anyway, I hope your car turns out just as you want it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.