Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally, don't know if anyone has referenced this, but most of the "archived" information for Acura Legends can be found on this website. Not all years are detailed but most are included....along with other models, such as Vigor, Integra, etc.

AcuraNews

It's a great resource! I just love reading the press release from Dec. 15, 1992 for my '93 Legend Coupe...

1993 Acura Legend Coupe Introduced
"Torrance, Calif. 12/15/1992 -- The Acura Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., today announced the introduction of the 1993 Legend Coupe. As the flagship of the Legend line of luxury performance automobiles,the Coupe features a number of significant improvements for 1993. Among these are a more powerful, 230-horsepower,V-6 all-aluminum engine,a new 6-speed manual transmission and a performance-enhancing Traction Control System(TCS).

"The 1993 Legend Coupe demonstrates the Acura commitment to building some of the most technically advanced and sophisticated luxury performance automobiles on the road. This is a powerful, personal luxury automobile that provides the driver with an exhilarating driving experience coupled with comfort and safety,"said Ed Taylor, Vice President, Acura Division. The new Legend Coupe is powered by an all-aluminum, 3.2-liter, 24-valve, SOHC V-6 engine, producing 230 horsepower, an increase of 30 horsepower over the 1992 Coupe. It features an advanced, three-stage Variable Induction System to increase torque throughout the engine's operating range, and Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) to help ensure optimum performance under all driving conditions. While the displacement remains the same as the 1992 Coupe engine, a number of refinements, such as improved induction and exhaust systems including high-performance camshafts and larger intake valves, have boosted horsepower and responsiveness.

Available in L and LS editions, both 1993 Coupe models feature a new engine mounting system, reduced levels of noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), and a smoother-shifting, optional 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. The new 6-speed manual transmission was designed to improve responsiveness and performance, as well as to enhance efficiency."

much more - enjoy everyone!

830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mouthbubbles said:
Gah I was looking all over for this site. Thanks man.
You're welcome! I don't know how long it's been there (not very) but I'm happy that someone at Acura invested their time and effort into putting the information together for us all to share!

· Registered
152 Posts
Okay this confirms something that I had always suspected: Of the 230HP models ('93-'95 coupes and the GS). The '93 L Coupe is the lightest weight of them all. No biggie, really, but it therefore has the best HP:weight ratio of any Legend.

I had brought this up before in another post but a couple people had told me that the '95 was actually lighter. (I was told it had lighter weight body panels??) These specs don't support that assertion. The '93 L Coupe is the only Type II less than 3500 lbs.

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
mcjeez said:
I had brought this up before in another post but a couple people had told me that the '95 was actually lighter. (I was told it had lighter weight body panels??) These specs don't support that assertion. The '93 L Coupe is the only Type II less than 3500 lbs.
Yeah, I remember your post about the Armada on the highway :). And great link, ArizonaLegend! I've been browsing through the site for a few minutes and enjoying it. Wish they had a few more promotional pictures of the Legend, though. And I noticed that you have to be registered as a member of the press to be able to download any of the articles in .pdf form. I might just have to become a journalist!

· Registered
152 Posts
4cruizn said:
Yeah, I remember your post about the Armada on the highway :).
Ha.. yep that was it, 4cruizn, ..the Armada post (that was deleted probably for the best). I don't believe the minimal weight difference translates into anything meaningful, however.

And thanks for the great link, ArizonaLegend!

830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to contribute to this great forum. All the best!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.