Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking of buying a tl or cl type s 2000 or newer, but i can't seem to find any manuals. did they make them in a stick? if they did they sure seem to be rare.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
they made the CL-S stick, but they never made 2nd gen TL's stick. check out the 04+ TL's those were stick.

auto's on the 01-03 CL's and TL's kinda sucked ass

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
we have an 03 tl type s.. auto-stick...I like it...265hp

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
01-02 CL/CL-S were never made stick
03 CL/CL-S were made stick

i think tl never came in stick except 04+
I think only the new TL-s comes with a stick. From talking to a couple dealers, nobody really wants a stick except for enthusiasts, so they don't have a lot of people ask for them.

BTW, if you are looking at buying an auto TL-s / CL-s, dont. I own one. Transmissions are garbage. The factory warranty on the car was like 40k miles originally. They had so many transmission problems that they warrantied the transmissions to 109k miles to avoid all the lawsuits. I have heard of people going through 4 transmissions in 40k miles. One guy had a brand new trans that lasted 6k. The S models are much worse on them because of the extra power.

Seriously, they are nice cars, but the newer TLs are much better. If you do decide to get one, get a CL-S with the manual trans.

(just as a note, I own an 02 TL-S, and will be getting rid of it soon)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so don't buy an auto model the eh. i was kinda planning on buying a cl-s but that was only if i could find a 6 speed. if i can find a 04+ tl in my price range i will be buying that for sure. thanks for the help guys

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts
about the tranny killing TLs, apparently you can call acura with the vin and they can tell you if that one has a "problem" tranny. anybody else heard of that?

I guy at work told me when we were both looking for acuras, he ended up with a ridgeline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts