Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acura DN-X Concept To Make North American Debut at New York International Auto Show
Submitted by TOV News on March 19, 2002 at 07:40:21

Torrance, CA 03/18/2002 -- Infused with the latest technology and combining the style, handling and exhilarating driving experience of a high-performance sports car with the comfort and convenience of a luxury sedan, the Acura DN-X concept sports sedan will be introduced at the New York International Auto Show, the company announced today.
The mid-engine, all-wheel-drive DN-X concept is equipped with a unique 400 horsepower hybrid powertrain that combines a high-output, 3.5-liter, DOHC, i-VTEC V-6 engine powering the rear wheels and a supplemental Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system that provides additional power to all four wheels via electric motors to produce outstanding performance as well as unprecedented fuel economy.

Designed as a true sports car, the DN-X has been given a lightweight, highly rigid, state-of-the-art chassis tuned to provide the ultimate in handling and maximum aerodynamic efficiency. A wind tunnel-designed monocoque body, highly effective front spoiler, independent front and rear double wishbone suspension, large ventilated disc brakes and alloy wheels are just a few of the features enhancing the DN-X's sporty personality.

The DN-X concept also incorporates advanced technology such as night vision cameras, voice guidance, adaptive cruise control, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and the Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS) for increased traction control, and other features to enhance the driving experience.

Additional details on the Acura DN-X concept sports sedan will be available Thursday, March 28 at the New York International Auto Show. For more information about Acura's line of luxury performance automobiles, please visit www.acura.com.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually if you go to

http://www.vtec.net/news/

you can pictures (sketches) also!

I have never seen a front spoiler! what is it? :confused:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
ILOVELEGEND said:
Actually if you go to

http://www.vtec.net/news/

you can pictures (sketches) also!

I have never seen a front spoiler! what is it? :confused:
I'm guessing a front lip that sticks out a little bit...Indy style... but a lot smaller is the best way to describe it. In addition, I would like to state that by looking at the concept pictures, I think it looks awful, following the current trend of vehicles. The new Celica, RSX, Matrix, IS300 Etc.. I hate those "new" styles. At this rate, when ever I buy a new car, I will be looking down the BMW path, like with their 7-series. Those are nice, they keep an overall nice shape.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like ass

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like the BMW 7 series body style from 1995 to 2001. I'm not a big fan of their new body style!

I like the DN-X specs but not the looks!

Guys in New York should go and look at it!

G

·
WTF??

BUHAAAHAHAHAHA! The concept designers at Honda CO. are still smoking on that fire green green!:D

That car looks like two spread eagle butt cheeks!

If Acura continues on this trend I'm going to personally go and buy 50 Acura Legend Coupes and Sedans from 91-95 and restore them to brand new condition, Then open up my own Thai's Acura Carland and sell them as 2000 whatever Acura Legends..

:D

BTW, the specs on that car sound awsome! Mabey they should do that to the NSX instead of that POS...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Re: WTF??

Thai.95LCoupe said:

If Acura continues on this trend I'm going to personally go and buy 50 Acura Legend Coupes and Sedans from 91-95 and restore them to brand new condition, Then open up my own Thai's Acura Carland and sell them as 2000 whatever Acura Legends..

:D
Can I have your business card?
----------------------------------------------------

I said the 7-series BMW, but the one I saw might have been a 5-series. not sure if all the new ones look the same.. it was like this:

I don't think it looks bad, compared to all the other cars that are coming out! Do they make a V8 5-series sedan?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, that picture is of a 5 series. I believe the 540 is a V8. The 740 is longer and more sleeker - The 2002 - 7 series has a new body style which I don;t like too much.

·
Registered
847 Posts
duh~ the rebadge/rename thing again~

That car was shown at Tokyo Motor Show last October, it's called "Dual-Note" back in Japan.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That car is a Honda Duelnote badged up as an acura

·
Registered
397 Posts
Remember guys, it 's a concept car. The real reason they make concept cars so crazy lookin' is to get people talking about it. If you think about it, all of us think the car loos like booty (no not booty-licious), but we all believe the specs are sweet. THAT is really what this concept car is all about. By the time it hits the market, consumers designers regulators and many more people will have to dip in their two cents before it hits the road. And when it does hit the road... somebody is gonna FEEL that 400 horses:D

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
true, to my knowledge, concept cars are built to take pieces of them and put them in other cars, i've never really seen a concept hit the market without modifications, and also, the new BMW 7-series has a 6-speed auto transmission! :D

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
DSMKiller said:
true, to my knowledge, concept cars are built to take pieces of them and put them in other cars, i've never really seen a concept hit the market without modifications, and also, the new BMW 7-series has a 6-speed auto transmission! :D
Pontiac Aztek!!!:mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Alpina B12

The older 7 series was the best (the last one) the new one is too bulky. (not to sound like gramps) but they dont make them like they used to. Everything is lookin' the same now. Not a lot of cars left with character! oh well thats why I drive a 93 Legend and not an 2002RL (oh yeah and the money is an issue too :D )check this pic out!! THE ALPINA B12 man i love this car

·
Registered
685 Posts
I dunno, it looks a bit ugly in profile veiw, but OK otherwise I would buy it just for the performance numers tho, that and it's an Acura

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
I'm sure it'll look way different in production. Remember how the CL Type S was supposed to be this crazy looking car....then it ended up looking like a Ford Taurus.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts