Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
32 Posts
Man good luck, I had my 93 coupe repainted and switched the rear emblems from my faded gold to chrome. Now I am looking for a front but can only find them at the Acura dealer. At least $45. Let me know if you find a good deal on them and I will do the same. Later

·
Registered
760 Posts
you might be able to get emblems from a junk yard... are they plastic or metal? if they are metal you could easily sand all the imperfections out and have them re-chromed for pretty cheap (probably $30 for all of them) and they'd look brand new. if they are plastic.... uhh can you say spray paint? kinda ghetto but it sure beats paying $45 for new ones.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya they are plastic , but i have a friend with a white se with crome emblems and he wants to trade for my gold ones but his arnt in the bast shape i want atleast a new front one. They cant recrome plastic???

·
Registered
418 Posts
yo

ebay, man, that is the way to go.

i got one set of "A'' chromed for $16. brand new, off a RL
dealer charges for $40-50.

front one is plastic also. i guess, at least, it looks like.

junk yard maybe is not the good place to go, cause they do not want to sell you the logo along, they want you to buy the whole grill. i went to the biggest junk yard in CT for a little cap of my power steering fluid tank, they would not give it to me, unless i get the whole system..:confused: :confused:

anyway, good luck on Ebay.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Try ahmotors.com, that's where i'm getting my emblem and letters.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Instead of A&H try Acura of Augusta (GA). Price should be less. Having any Legend emblem rechromed is not worth it. You are then faced with having to use 3M moulding tape. Just buy new ones at discount.

·
Registered
71 Posts
completely off subject:

roger... have you had any problems w/ the clearcoat on your gs? hazing or peeling or anything?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Roger:
I am uncertain whether Acura continues to sell a vehicle emblem kit, or if you have to buy each emblem.

Following are retail prices in 1995:

The "A" used to retail for $33- $35 depending if Cpe or Sedan.

The antenna nut ( bought from a dealer) was around $10.

The "Acura" emblem $16.00.

The "LEGEND" depends upon one piece $18 -$19 or whether the "L-E-G-E-N-D" is the letter set $43.

The most inexpensive source is Acura of Augusta (GA) 1-800-736-6818.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.