Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does it say on da dash "USE ONLY PREMIUM UNLEADED" ??

i herd from sum1 dat acura made a deal wit Exxon to write dat on their automobiles or sum of dem.............and Exxon paid dem big money for it..............so ppl wud buy premium gas ..................lol...
and dat using regular (87) gas doesnt really make any diff........
is it true??? coz i been puttin in 87 regular since i got it.........been a month now.................maybe das y i get bad mileage????? den again if u ask my father he says 87 octane is crap fuel..........it has pieces of garbage in it...........and it messes up ur engine............especially on an acura.................LOL...........

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The G2 Legends require higher octane fuel because it is a higher compression engine, and requires the anti-detonation properties of 91 Octane or higher fuel.

Running a lower octane fuel isn't as harmful as it could be in our engines because we have knock sensors that retard the timing when they sense knocking. However, the car will not run as efficiently as a result.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
If you're using anything lower than premium you're losing power. The car will compensate for using the wrong octane fuel, resulting in less power.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Stay away from 87, because the first week I got my car, I had put that crap in and my car rode like sh!t until I put in 93 and the car had a more smoother feel to it.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have driven many a car, and the ones that say 87 and & up, I have put 87 in them. Most of them always act up, specifically with Arco's 87, so now It's always use 89+ on every car, unless they recommend premium, then I'll give it premium every time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: Conspiracy Theory

Why would you even think about feeding this fine automobile anything less? If you're strapped for cash , I think I can understand it, but like someone told me a long time ago, If you want a big boy car then you better have big boy money to support it. Paying a little more for gas is worth it at the least.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Yes, use premium fuel for cars that require its use, but using premium fuel for cars that do NOT specify it is simply wasting money unless that particular car happends to be knocking and pining, then maybe the higher octane will help. So that someone is partially right, but not in the Legends case.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Rock Shox72 needs to educate himself on his legend or trade it in for a neon. I totally understand you LegendGS. High octane is the way to go. I got a speech about the knock sensors from my acura mechanic.

G

·
I've used 93 octane since my first day of purchase... May, 25 2001 and will continue using it... Got recipts to prove it.. he he..:D

G

·
Learn how to spell!

and make sense of your questions!
also what made you think that it was Exxon? and not any other gas companies?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
U needz to uz dat sheet or elz ur whip will rizide like sheet.u i alwayz pud dat 93 izoctane in the hoopde:eek:

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
I was just ragging on Legend4LiFe's Ebonics. I just happen to post at the same time as LegendGS, but apparently someone ragging on my poor comprehesion in my sentences. So Cakedaddy, go knock on your own sensors.

·
Registered
418 Posts
super

ya, i only use super premium, and the car feels so smooth ever since. do you really care that extra 50 cents??? come on, we just want to enjoy the ride....

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I was talking to the service guys at the Acura dealership about this poor guy in a TL type S that bought gas on the highway at one of those "JO BLOW" Gas stations. He needed fuel, so he put in premium as usual, and by the time he got back into Calgary, his car was runnin" the sh$ts. Acura took his car in, took a fuel sample and saw the fuel that he put in was 4 different colors.... layereed with dirt and crap and what not....The bottom line: $2500 in engine damage due to bad dirty fuel that killed all his injectors and screwed up his fuel delivery system.....

I have always used premium gas and always will. And now I am careful who I buy gas from as I want the best gas for my legend.... No more race trac gas for me.:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts