Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· SR79 Labrat
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody see this on hpfreaks.com? Just curious.... if anybody knows how well these clutches hold and wear?

Parts for the Acura Legend ONLY

Below are products that will only fit the Acura Legend. For products that will fit all cars such as gauges, fuel computers, boost controllers, etc, please select from the categories on the left.

Related Parts
Acura Legend Parts SPEC Acura Stage 3 Sprung (Carbon Disc) Clutch Kits

Types of Driving: Street, Drag, Drift, Road Race, Rallye, Pulling, Autocross

For heavily modified street and race engines. Offers sufficient daily drivability with a comfortable pedal feel and quick engagement. Offers good wear characteristics under low and high stress usage.

High clamp pressure plate, 4 or 6 puck carbon semi-metallic friction with high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit. 6 puck is standard on most applications, but 4 puck can be specified when ordering.

Click Acura Legend SPEC Acura Stage 3 Sprung (Carbon Disc) Clutch Kits for Applications or to Purchase

Acura Legend Parts SPEC Acura Stage 5 Unsprung (Iron Disc) Clutch Kits

Types of Driving: Drag, Pulling

For extremely modified drag race and pulling engines, or applications that call for a slipper clutch/progressive torque-induced engagement. These clutches are best ordered as custom configured and should be ordered after providing specific information about the car and it's purpose to a SPEC technical assistant. Not street-friendly due to harsh engagement.

High clamp pressure plate (adjustability available on some applications), rigid iron disc assembly, bearing and tool kit.

Click Acura Legend SPEC Acura Stage 5 Unsprung (Iron Disc) Clutch Kits for Applications or to Purchase

Thanks, Kyle

· Registered
2,843 Posts
I think it would be really hard on the life of the flywheel-meaning that the flywheel would probably wear down instead of the clutch disc. Doubt it would slip though. I'd say it's for drag cars and nothing else.

· Factory Freak!
1,651 Posts
I say even the stage 3 is not really needed but....I've got a stage 2 and its heaven compared to my Kryptonite stage 3 Comp Clutch in the GSX. You wont have to worry about it slipping anytime soon, even with prolly up to around 300-350hp. You can have a 6 speed tranny and clutch with a 5 speed flywheel right?

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
The stage 3 spec on my 6spd setup cut groves into the dual mass flywheel beyond resurfacing repair. The clutch kit is trashed as well.

We'll see how the 5spd stage 3 setup fairs.

They are soild, maybe too much.

~TRu Hybrid

· Registered
4,086 Posts
sr79labrat said:
So what would be your advice to me if I did go man.? 5 or 6 spd? What would I need to expect cost wise?
I would be excited to drive a stick again!
Thanks, Kyle
DId mine sound good? ;) didn't want the tow guy to come pull me over :giggle: latta man!

· Registered
1,034 Posts
From what I remember a stage III is usually rated for 450 HP, no where close to what any of us are really doing.

Of course... a high stage doesn't necessarily mean "bulletproof" as I learned the hard way :rolleyes:

Clutmasters FX300 (Stage III) Disc failure

I probably had a defected part to begin with.

With a bit of argument with clutchmasters, they replaced it at a very discounted price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.