Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on eBay. Will this fit or is it like the OEM Navi, just for looks but wont work in the US. Will this fit any of our G2 cars or only certain models that are wired for it.

the ebay link for some reason wont work - on ebay just search Acura Legend cell phone and it should come up.

· Registered
899 Posts
in 1992 when I bought my 1992, they tried to upsell me to the Acura cell. It fits in the center console. Not a clue what the one is you are looking at. Get youself a handsfree nokia kit and a small nokia and you'll be happier. Most old cell phones can't even be used anymore unless they have never been turned off. I tried to reactivate an ATT phone that was 4 years old in 2001 and they laughed at me.

· Registered
912 Posts
Thats looks similar to the stock option cell set up in an Acura CL or EL

It also looks like the ones in Accords too, although the acoord ones woudl have the Honda logo in place of the Acura logo, but any how yes the stock option cell for our cars were mounted with the console. As far as wireing goes it probably would not work unless you really really got into it, but like steve mentioned the gps and cell programing data woudl not be compatible with todays satelltes. I was told that by the cell and phone companies after they laughed at me ofcorse. lol

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't thinking about using this - was just curious - the last thing I need is another way for people to reach me, :( "IN MY CAR? No way, what's on my hip is enough."

However, if it was possible, it would be a cool thing to use the hardware (buttons, casing, etc...) and swap the necessary internals to make it compatible with today's sat's. If it was possible, same with the indash Navi. Would be a nice touch I think.

· Registered
417 Posts

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it would be kinda fruitless. Would be nice looking and different than most G2 owners, but those things ARE just not practical. That's probably why that Navi keeps coming up for sale on eBay, nobody is buying it because it too much work to get it done over here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.