Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just wanted to know what all of you think about the RL. pros, cons any of you own one or have driven one or have experience with them? what is the overall verdict, is it a worthy replacement for the Legend (of course not but reality hasta hit sometime). it seems kinda sluggish and heavy to me.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
96'- 01 is 210 Hp I believe thats one reason why it feels heavy and sluggish the 2002's 225 hp. I wouldn't get any one of them but if I had to make a choice it would be a 2002 only. to be truthful I can actually live with that one with some 20's by Kellener (V-sport) or Loewnhart LD-1's and or some Giovanni's. the car IMO looks best in dark colors BLK/Dark GRN / Dark Blue only. You also get Onstar in the 02's. I'm sure after this post just about everyone here will dog the crap out of this car, only because they down graded the car and got too conservative with the design. Oh and because the Legend is just out right better.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I need a v8 feel in a car that big......It can't stand up to a Lex or a Q45......The lines and shape will never be as sleek as the Legend, but I guess the gave it the old college try.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i'll tell ya'll what, theres some fly azzzz skirt kits for them though

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I've actually seen a tricked out RL with a nice body kit up here in the Bronx and it looked sick as hell. I was in shock that it looked that good. It was a white RL, maybe a 99-2001, had some nice chrome rims and all. I just dont like the fact that a car that big doesnt have the power that it needs.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Triton3K said:
I've actually seen a tricked out RL with a nice body kit up here in the Bronx and it looked sick as hell. I was in shock that it looked that good. It was a white RL, maybe a 99-2001, had some nice chrome rims and all. I just dont like the fact that a car that big doesnt have the power that it needs.
see i told ya'll
your right about it lacking power for it's looks, but hey it looked fly though right? besides the majority of the people don't really know or pay attention to it's power, all they'll see is WHOA

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
HATE_ME_NOW said:

see i told ya'll
your right about it lacking power for it's looks, but hey it looked fly though right? besides the majority of the people don't really know or pay attention to it's power, all they'll see is WHOA
Very true, the car did look real nice. If I ever see it again, i'll try to take some pics.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Personally I would take an RL over my G2 legend any day. Here in Texas it gets much more attention than a legend would. Its a bigger luxurious car than a G2. My mom's accord has all the stuff my G2 has! I know everyone is Legend crazy here, but I give credit where credit is due....and like they said kitted on 19's.....you get the picture.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
My next door neighbor sold her 91 Legend (that she had bought new) and got a 96 RL. After 1 year she really wished she had the Legend back. Not as good road feel and a big pant load of recalls.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My dad has a 2001 Black/Beige RL. Its nice. Yeah, it doesnt have the same power, the stearing is more finicky i.e. if you turn the wheel a centimeter it goes that way. But its great for cruising with its smoother ride. Its quiet at highway speeds and I cruise at 90 like nothing. The stock bose system sounds high quality for the design of the interior. It still needs bass though. Its the second RL we've had. But, all in all if Acura doesn't up the power this will be the last RL/Legend we will own (that makes it the fourth).

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Phil B said:
Personally I would take an RL over my G2 legend any day. Here in Texas it gets much more attention than a legend would. Its a bigger luxurious car than a G2. My mom's accord has all the stuff my G2 has! I know everyone is Legend crazy here, but I give credit where credit is due....and like they said kitted on 19's.....you get the picture.
I agree with you that the RL is a capable car. My friend has a fixed up 99 RL on 19" SSR rims. Looks real good. However, I don't believe the Accord as everything the Legend has. The Accord is missing the headted seats, heated outside side mirrors, missing the traction control, missing the memory seats, missing the electronic telescoping and tilt steering wheel. However, I guess it all depends on the trim and yaer Legend you have. But even the 03 Accord doesn't have those items.

The RL owner I know likes his RL, but is a bit torn between his new RL and old 95 Legend Coupe. Each car has something the other is missing. The Legend has more sport and road feel, but the RL defiantely has more luxury.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ChrisK said:
I agree with you that the RL is a capable car. My friend has a fixed up 99 RL on 19" SSR rims. Looks real good. However, I don't believe the Accord as everything the Legend has. The Accord is missing the headted seats, heated outside side mirrors, missing the traction control, missing the memory seats, missing the electronic telescoping and tilt steering wheel. However, I guess it all depends on the trim and yaer Legend you have. But even the 03 Accord doesn't have those items.

The RL owner I know likes his RL, but is a bit torn between his new RL and old 95 Legend Coupe. Each car has something the other is missing. The Legend has more sport and road feel, but the RL defiantely has more luxury.
His name is EY or EK or somehting like that right? I was on the board when he had trouble with the law and sold his 95' and got an RL. About the accord I have a 92 LS. I don't have traction control, telescoping wheel. In a way you are right with the LS I have heated seats but that is about it. Also if I remember right my car was built in Japan and the accord's are built in Ohio.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.