Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
The RLs are trickling in I think. The dealer in my town gets a few in each week and then they are out-the-door. So the fact that you don't see any on the road is just an indication that they just haven't arrived in any great quantity.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
1984911Targa said:
I haven't seen one yet in Yuppy Orange County OC?

I am thinking they aren't going over very well?

Michael
I haven't seen one on the roads as well. That said, the RL went on sale starting Oct 14 - so 1300 RL's in 2 weeks in not bad at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, 1300 cars in two weeks? Impressive. Acura projects to sell 20,000 of these RLs in a year. If Acura continues to sell at this pace, the company will exceed this target by well over 10,000 units. Not bad at all. Also, Acura expected to sell just 15,000 TSXs annually, and sold over 18,000. The company can continue to expect record sales for the next fiscal year. Acura is showing that it is indeed a force to be reckoned with in terms of taking market share. But will Acura be a force to be dealt with in terms of overall engineering?- i.e. what is Acura's identity? Should BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Audi be afraid of this resurgent brand? Maybe all the aforementioned automakers should. It seems to me though, that Audi is Acura's natural counterpart (based of course on the RL and SH-AWD) and then some.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Its the same here, i've only seen 1 and it was being driven off the lot. But the same thing happened when the '04 TL came out. Now i see at least 5 of those everyday.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
smartjay28 said:
if they reach a certian quantity, will they drop the price?
prob not cuz it wont be fair to other owners.
you mean, will Acura lower the MSRP?
I don't think so. MSRP will still be the same but one could get the new RL less than the MSRP, unlike now when its being sold at MSRP and then some.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath for anything less than MSRP while they have the RL's on back order. While they are able to make their quotas, they will keep the price high. If they start to fail to meet the quota, the first thing you will likely see are low interest loans or factory incentives to bring the volume back up.

Look at the TL as a good example. Still selling well, and so the price is high...best quote I've seen was $500 below MSRP (Costco and AutoByTel price).

Comparatively speaking even MSRP for the RL compares well to the competition (below pricing is from edmunds.com):
An equivalently equipped Mercedes E320 is ~$63K.
A BMW 530i is ~$53K.
A Lexus GS430 is ~$54K.
The RL is $49,950. (includes steering wheel, splash guards and deck lid spoiler).

Pete

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
petemc said:
I wouldn't hold my breath for anything less than MSRP while they have the RL's on back order. While they are able to make their quotas, they will keep the price high. If they start to fail to meet the quota, the first thing you will likely see are low interest loans or factory incentives to bring the volume back up.

Look at the TL as a good example. Still selling well, and so the price is high...best quote I've seen was $500 below MSRP (Costco and AutoByTel price).

Comparatively speaking even MSRP for the RL compares well to the competition (below pricing is from edmunds.com):
An equivalently equipped Mercedes E320 is ~$63K.
A BMW 530i is ~$53K.
A Lexus GS430 is ~$54K.
The RL is $49,950. (includes steering wheel, splash guards and deck lid spoiler).

Pete
I would agree. It will be sold at or near MSRP for a while. After that I would bet some good lease deals will become avaliable, than dealer incentives, then we should be able to get good deals near invoice after that. I would say probably around summer 05.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
1984911Targa said:

Michael
Everytime I visit the local dealer, they are already gone. I guess they dont even hit the showroom floor and they are off the lot.

·
Registered
992 Posts
South Bay Acura in Torrance, Ca says they receive 9 per month and that they are all usually sold. people are putting deposits down to reserve their car. Some people are even doing so without settling on a color.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hurry up and wait

3g Legend said:
South Bay Acura in Torrance, Ca says they receive 9 per month and that they are all usually sold. people are putting deposits down to reserve their car. Some people are even doing so without settling on a color.
Yeah, my dealer said people were putting down deposits on these back in late August and I better "hurry up and get one". They claimed they presold 12 of these. Since they started arriving, they have listed 12 of them in their inventory for the better part of about 5-6 weeks; 3 of those on the lot and three on the way. The other 6 of those 12 did not have any specific information, only placeholders in inventory. I presumed that if they had a stock number and they knew the exterior and interior colors they are either on the lot or in the country and on their way. My trips to the dealer for service on my current car have confirmed their on hand inventory. Meanwhile I have seen ONE on the road and it pulled into the dealership. I drive 38 miles each way to work and the dealership is 2 miles from my office.

They create all of this buzz like they are going to be hard to get and you may not get the color you want, etc. It's mostly bull. I'm not saying that there has never been a car made that was hard to get or that this car is not worth waiting a couple of weeks for but the RLs are there to be bought if you want one.

I think that by late November when I plan on snagging one of these beauties they will be off of their high horse a little.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Number13 said:
They create all of this buzz like they are going to be hard to get and you may not get the color you want, etc. It's mostly bull. I'm not saying that there has never been a car made that was hard to get or that this car is not worth waiting a couple of weeks for but the RLs are there to be bought if you want one..
It happen for the first 2 months when the TL came out, is not so much because they are awesome cars that people want, but because the dealers don't get many in the first few months of production.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
1984911Targa said:

Michael
There was one at Honda world on Sunday. The owner came there because he went to take a buddy to buy an S2000.lol.

I love the headlights on those thing

·
Registered
27 Posts
bboarder711 said:
doesnt honda do this with nEW cars and only give out so many to dealer ships so there is a demand for them???
Pretty much. They did it with the MDX and the Odyssey. S2000 also. I would guess all car manufacturers do it. It's unnecessary if you ask me. The manufacturer makes a suggestion on the price but lets the dealers set whatever price they want. Sounds like a setup to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts