Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from school for the weekend and figured I'd take my parked up Legend for a drive since I missed her so much and it's been parked up for at least 2 months now... After a while when the interior was fully warmed up and I'd been cruis'in for a while, I figured I'd have a smoke while I drive. As I went to wind my driverside window down, I heard a loud crack noise as if something had given way inside my door or the window has snapped. Then the window started coming down VERY slowly on an angle. If this is the window regulator that gave way again, it will be the SECOND one I've had to replace in a year! Has anyone else had this problem (note that it is winter right now). Are Acura parts that cheaply made?!?!?! It doesn't make sense for the window regulator to snap in extremely cold conditions because I'm not the only person who has rolled down their window in the winter. Any ideas? I checked to see if the window was cracked and it seemed intact but I really won't be able to tell what the real damage is until I open up the door in the Spring. I tried winding it back up and I heard the motor going but the window didn't budge so I had to pull over and literally grab it from either side and pull it up! Piece of **** door!!!

I had to vent, sorry....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you have it replace from the dealer before? If it is the case, take it back to them. they usually give you a year warranty on their parts and jobs. It is the least they can do for the amount they charging us

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Although none of my Legend widow regulators ever broke, not have I heard of many Legend regulators gong out, I agree with you. The NSX guys complain about the plastic regulator breaking on their cars all the time. One of the first fixes they do is buy the aluminum one from Dai Racing. I'm not sure if it will fit the Legend though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts