Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 acura with bose system with i think the sub under the back seat. I wanted to wire round it and i was wondering if anyone new the gauge of the wires aleready in there. and if i wanted to just wire around it if i could put new speakers a new deck and sub/amp. If i would need to rewire or not. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
nah

if your just adding to your system do it like any other one.Just run amp wire,RCAs, and REM wire.If you want to replace factory speakers then you will have to match the correct frequencies or something so you don't blow the BOSE amp. or just replace bose amp with something else and use the wires that are already their and replace the 6X9s in back and the front door speakers. Have fun!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya but

ya i kno, but i wanted to use the wire already there for the new speakers and wire around the amp because the sub i am getting is self amplified. I am chagneing everything but i wanted to kno if the wires are good enough and if that is ok to do.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The easiest way to determine if you have a stock sub or not is by the number on your radio, is it 2100 or 2200? if you have the 2200, then you do can do a straight swap with any deck on the market and 4ohm speakers. The wires are more than enough. That's what I did to mine and it sound great. Just make sure you get a good deck, at least 180watts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wierd

You kno what its really wierd but on my cassette it just says bose no numbers and i dont see anything anywher, is there somewhere else i can look at to see what bose system i have, thank you

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
thangqdo said:
The easiest way to determine if you have a stock sub or not is by the number on your radio, is it 2100 or 2200? if you have the 2200, then you do can do a straight swap with any deck on the market and 4ohm speakers. The wires are more than enough. That's what I did to mine and it sound great. Just make sure you get a good deck, at least 180watts.
whoa whoa whoa, since when is there a stock subwoofer installed in the Legend?? Do you mean amplifier??? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.