Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mabey I can get some custom work done to get an actual Wood Grain Sterring wheel put in my 95 Coupe.....:)

Why wont the TL's or Accords (of the same year) fit on the Legend... :(

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
THAI and INFINITE - is that wood all the way around including the back of it? If not, then those are probably just wood strips. I've seen'em sold for $24.00 to $56.00 a pair.

How much was that Camrywheel going for?

Thai.95LCoupe said:

Mabey I can get some custom work done to get an actual Wood Grain Sterring wheel put in my 95 Coupe.....:)

Why wont the TL's or Accords (of the same year) fit on the Legend... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats wood all the way around... they wanted 500$ for it on e-bay..

SeaSickLegend told me a contact where you can get that same setup done. I'm going to get mine done just like that.

All you need to do is send them the sterring wheel and they will do it for you. I'll send a sample of the LS wood trim so they can match it...

If you can find a used sterring wheel you will be in luck. That's waht i'm looking for now. A sterring wheel w/o an airbag so it shoud be cheap.

I think the job will cost $400 to get the work done and then maybe $200-400 for a sterring wheel... It's a lot but in turn you can sell your non-wood sterring wheel and make back mabey $200 bucks.

Also after the wood is put on if the leather still looks worn on the new wood wheel i'll send it off to www.leatherseats.com and have them re-stich the wheel.

This may take me about 3 months to do. Because I have to find a wheel. I'll keep u guys updated.
:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I wonder if there is any way to remove the outer ring on our steering wheels. I can get my hands on a used steering wheel but the air bag has deployed on it, but I can get to the outer ring.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
infinite said:
I wonder if there is any way to remove the outer ring on our steering wheels. I can get my hands on a used steering wheel but the air bag has deployed on it, but I can get to the outer ring.
Hmm... I've never seen our steering wheel anywhere besides where it should be... what do you mean by outer ring? You mean under the air bag, the ring that connects to the steering column or do you mean the part we put our hands on while driving? :confused:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
asianlegend said:

Hmm... I've never seen our steering wheel anywhere besides where it should be... what do you mean by outer ring? You mean under the air bag, the ring that connects to the steering column or do you mean the part we put our hands on while driving? :confused:
The part that we put our hands on while we drive, similar to the pic in this thread. However, I wonder if your outer ring connects to the middle like the pic in this thread.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
you should just get a jdm steering wheel. after all, they are made for our cars, and they have wood grain!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
smoovie--smoov said:
you should just get a jdm steering wheel. after all, they are made for our cars, and they have wood grain!
That's easy to say, but is it:

A) Easy to find one. If so, where?

B) Cheaper than what is sold here?

C) Do they even use Airbags in Japan (i dunno :confused: )?

D) Is the wood only on the 'outer ring' , then I must assume tha the spokes that tie into the airbag are leather?

E) Do they use the same leather color schemes as all of our cars? Like mine is a dark brown (not sure if other Legends are the same, since I only notice the steering wheel on mine)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just found out

brand new Leather sterring wheel w/o airbag will cost 600$

The air bag alone cost 800$

·
Registered
299 Posts
Would this work?

I know this is a little off topic, but I'm wondering if a 1996 or so RL's steering wheel would work so I could have the acura symbol and not "Acura" spelled out. Just a preference. Maybe even just the cover...it looks as if it's the same steering wheel as ours just with the symbol.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
U might be on to something. I'm actually looking for a airbag cover from an RL w/ the A symbol on it but I think they never came in the brown color of our sterring wheels.:(

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
or you could just get the Mugen wheel off the Japanese Legend site (the one with all the Jap body kits) which has burlwood to match our interior and a Honda logo. Which is my next point, JDM out your whip. I'm on my way, I think. I'm just contemplating it, maybe the headlights are enough because the JDM stuff is expensive with long waiting periods. Me and a friend of mine are planning a trip to Japan to go to junkyards.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Has anyone followed through on this yet?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
nope...something tragic happened in my life. all plans for the legend are now called off as an effect.:mad: hopefully someday, i might take it off the road for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah smove I feel u on that ally Ideas had to be put on hold... cakedaddy I'll be going ahead w/ this mod in a few... i'll keep you posted...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts