Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92' coupe and was wondering if I got a climate control unit from the junk yard would it just plug right up where my old setup was??? just wondering

THANKS
Josh

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Joshmm27 said:
I have a 92' coupe and was wondering if I got a climate control unit from the junk yard would it just plug right up where my old setup was??? just wondering

THANKS
Josh
Nope, there's a lot more to it than swapping the interior controls. The 2 system are completely different, there are numerous sensors and wire harnesses that needs to be replaced or added. So far no one has ever done this swap successfully, OMGItsDanny got the unit powered up in his L, but that's as far as anyone has gotten.

But hey, nothing is impossible, if you got the money, then try it. But it's probably cheaper just to sell your car and buy a LS/GS that came with the climate control already.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
What WhiteLegend said, is absolute right !

Because, here are two totally different systems available.
The "L" type as ´Non-Climate Control System´ and the "LS" type as ´Climatic Control System´. All these units contains various sensors which have to be added or replaced and also complete different wiring. What you plan is nearly impossible.
The best, what you can do, is to buy a LS/GS instead and would be cheaper !

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts