Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
the Koni reds need to have the column compressed all the way down to be able to turn + or - wise to adjust the firmness. the instructions say to have a vise grip the narrow part just below the threading for the bolt to compress and turn the strut body with. I choose to use a Allen wrench to fit into the hole at top and put on some gloves with additional towel wrapped around it to push the moving column down and turn accordingly.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Another thing is that you should be able to feel the end of each turn whether its + or - while compressed otherwise your not gonna get adjusted. I started all 4 from full soft(-?) and gave it 1/2 turn(+) on front and full turn on back w/ stock springs. I originally had full turn to firm on front and it ride like crap on stock springs probably since it wasn't rebounding at the same rate on the soft springs and was freaking me out that i might dent my 17" rims. I was unfortunate to have to pay extra for the shop to redo the fronts, but i'm happy now w/ the results. if you got aftermarket springs, probably a firmer setting than mine which is just slightly firmer than stock.

G

·
Yeah, but I think people forget that the stiffer you set them the better handling you are going to have... aren't I correct?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah, but I think people forget that the stiffer you set them the better handling you are going to have... aren't I correct?
yeah the car will lean less on turns and what not, but your giving up cushyness for it......

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is the only way to lower it with that C clamp thing that doesnt look to safe?? if it is i dont se ehow it holds the spring up there but who knows. is the only way to adjust the stiffness and firmness of it by taking the whole strut off and compress it and turn it??

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
The C-Clip is easily moved with your fingers. Just compress the spring so that pressure is removed off of the perch plus a little bit of wiggle room, and you should be able to move the clip without much trouble.

·
Registered
174 Posts
LegendGS said:
The C-Clip is easily moved with your fingers. Just compress the spring so that pressure is removed off of the perch plus a little bit of wiggle room, and you should be able to move the clip without much trouble.
sppry but how do i apply pressure to the shock to which side should i apply pressure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts