Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a set of lowering springs... Do I go with 0"-4" adjustables- are they alot of hassle to deal with, or is it just a question of how much I want to spend? Adjustables would be nice for the winter, 'cuz I don't want to be a snowplow.
Any recommendations? I've got mixed opinions from friends and I want to know what's best for the Legend... Thanx.
E

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Kasteman said:
I want to get a set of lowering springs... Do I go with 0"-4" adjustables- are they alot of hassle to deal with, or is it just a question of how much I want to spend? Adjustables would be nice for the winter, 'cuz I don't want to be a snowplow.
Any recommendations? I've got mixed opinions from friends and I want to know what's best for the Legend... Thanx.
E
THey are nice ONLY if you go with Ground Controls.....these are adjustable coilovers....the other ones (Weapon R, Arospeed) are horrible on the KA7/8...I have heard bad stories about the ride quality on the only....you get what you pay for :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
LOWERING SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Leon on this one. If I were you I would go with the ground control set-up ( thats what I gonna do any way ). They allow you to adjust the height of you car to your liking and when winter comes you will be able to raise your car and not become a snow plow for your city or state. Ground control uses Eibach springs and everyones knows that when it comes to lowering springs Eibachs are some of the best there is. Remember. If your gonna do something do it RIGHT THE FIRST TIME and you may NEVER HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN. Using quality components may cost more but, they are really cheaper when you constantly have to keep doing the same thing over and over because you chose to go the CHEAP ROUTE. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
LOWERING SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!

First off lowering a daily street driven car 4 inches is a gamble. You risk the chance of tearing up the front underbody of your car. Things such as the oil pan, transmission, etc. A 2 inch drop using ground-controls and a set of Konis would do wonders. As for stock springs, they are NOT suited for lowering a car and they WILL NOT last very long so your best bet is while you are adding the springs add a new set of struts. Ask around on the forum and some others will tell you that the oil pan and transmission sit a little lower than the bumpers and unless the roads you are traveling on are ULTRA SMOOTH I myself would not risk it but, than again it is your car so you make the call. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: Re: Adjustables vs. Fixed

Leon Millette said:

THey are nice ONLY if you go with Ground Controls.....these are adjustable coilovers....the other ones (Weapon R, Arospeed) are horrible on the KA7/8...I have heard bad stories about the ride quality on the only....you get what you pay for :(
Leon,

I have the eibach's already, but I need to know a cheap place to get some adjustable struts. Holla at me man! I'm tryin' to get that front down more like yours.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Adjustables vs. Fixed

pYmpdaddi said:

Leon,

I have the eibach's already, but I need to know a cheap place to get some adjustable struts. Holla at me man! I'm tryin' to get that front down more like yours.
hmm, your best bet is to get a pair of Koni's and put them on the lowest perch up front. While you ar at it, get a camber kit (Ingalls 3573). Our very own Nikki can get us those at $80/side.

Give me a call if you can,bro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts