Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a 94 ls coupe, it has 160kmiles on it, but a blower motor problem.
exterior and interior looks clean, just a little bit of wear on the front seats.
asking price is $5500 is that good??

how much would it cost for a new blower motor.
my dad has a friend that would install it for us so tat won't be a problem.

if i do buy the car i have to drive 50 miles on the freeway with it, will there be any problem with the blower motor??

· Premium Member
9,575 Posts
LegendRacer22 said:
What's the difference between aftermarket and oem??
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

thats all the stuff that comes from the car manufacturer's factory for the car model (the Honda factory in our case)

Aftermarket is anything made by any other company that is created to fit the car.

edit: LOL i think you were asking him whats the diff between that aftermarket part and the OEM part, and not the difference in the meaning....

im REALLY hungry :( :giggle: :giggle:

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still debating whether to jump on this deal or not, i hope wat he's saying about it being only the blow motor is bad and nothing else, i haven't seen the car in person but from the pics it looks good.

What do you guys think??

· Registered
1,696 Posts
looks good, setup an apointment to look at it

a way you can tell if the blower motor is bad is well, it doest blow any air! and if you listen really really closely you can hear the motor just barely working, kinda like its straining really hard but not doing anything

· Registered
85 Posts
A blower motor from acura is like ~$290? if i remember correctly. You can buy a whole used unit (motor and housing) on these boards for like ~$50-100 and install it yourself (there is a DIY somewhere here - easy 1 hour install)

· Registered
17 Posts
$5500 is a little much if you ask me (just personally) if it is stock. and if it is not be very wary. like if he put a turbo on it. he could of been beating the crap out of it. Also if it is a god car 50 miles is no problem itll be worth it

· Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, it's the same guy. He advertised this a few months ago for 7500 and I wanted to pick it up. I emailed him and we set up a time to meet the next day. He said he could meet me up north since his GF lives in Mill Creek. He said he could drive anywhere to meet me. Then, he emailed me in the morning and said it was sold, but if the financing fell thru, he would let me know. Later that day, he emailed me and said it was still available and I wanted to meet. He never got back to me. My friend also emailed him and he said it was available, but he never got back to him either. Sounds fishy because there wasn't that many miles when he advertised the first time.

I also asked if he had more pictures and he gave me a link: www.garyleejr.com then he said there was a small dent on the fender (I think driver front) After repeatedly trying to contact him on email, the pictures were taken off that website.

I was addressing him by Gary, but then later he gave me a different name. Sorry, I don't remember what it was.

That's just my experience. It sounded fishy to me. Who knows, maybe he just didn't want to sell back then.

Doesn't matter to me, I was lucky enough to find a better Legend after all this.

Good luck in your search!

· Registered
180 Posts
Sorry, I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure it wasn't as high as 160k. When I emailed him questions, he wouldn't answer all of them, which made me weary. He kept stating the car is in excellent condition. When I asked for a contact number, he wouldn't provide one, which also made me weary. he just wanted email contact. Hope the fella responds to you and you have better luck with him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.